★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Insane price increases tomorrow

11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Insane price increases tomorrow

I would say that 50% of apps have had "limited time thanksgiving blackfriday sale" so tomorrow all those great little deals will be gone....or will they???
Look at flick fishing for example, it's been on "special introductory price" since its release (11/06/2008 ) Spore was had a limited lime 7.99 sale, and now it is at 5.99 . Same thing with pac-man and Ms pac-man. Vegas pool sharks has been on a limited time offer for 20 days now

How long does a limited time offer really last (hopefully really long)???
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
I would say that 50% of apps have had "limited time thanksgiving blackfriday sale" so tomorrow all those great little deals will be gone....or will they???
Look at flick fishing for example, it's been on "special introductory price" since its release (11/06/2008 ) Spore was had a limited lime 7.99 sale, and now it is at 5.99 . Same thing with pac-man and Ms pac-man. Vegas pool sharks has been on a limited time offer for 20 days now

How long does a limited time offer really last (hopefully really long)???

Obviously, the "limited time" price is a marketing solution.
It doesn't mean anything.

90% of the application will be "limited time" discounted forever.

11-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniglue View Post
Obviously, the "limited time" price is a marketing solution.
It doesn't mean anything.

90% of the application will be "limited time" discounted forever.
So do you think Thanksgiving/black firday sales will last this week( at least)?
11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
We're going to keep our apps at a discounted price for a little while because it's coming up to Christmas and we need to take into account current economics. I would expect many smaller devs will be doing the same.

---------------------------->
Nessy at TaleeTalee

Games & Apps so far

iChoose
MyChristmas
uSnap!
utopia Solitaire (cough, soon!)
11-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Subway Shuffle will be going back to $2.99 on Wednesday, as advertised. 1 week = 1 week.
11-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhearn View Post
Subway Shuffle will be going back to $2.99 on Wednesday, as advertised. 1 week = 1 week.
That's probably one of the first times I've head a developer stick to a sale that strictly. Not saying it's bad or anything. Also, I remember how scoops only went on sale for free for a few hours, that was probably the shortest sale I had seen. I'm still wondering if touchgrind will go up in price or not, making me wonder if I should just pick it up now.
11-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
That's probably one of the first times I've head a developer stick to a sale that strictly. Not saying it's bad or anything. Also, I remember how scoops only went on sale for free for a few hours, that was probably the shortest sale I had seen. I'm still wondering if touchgrind will go up in price or not, making me wonder if I should just pick it up now.
I actually thing touchgrind will stay that price I can't see anybody buying it for 7.99

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
11-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
I actually thing touchgrind will stay that price I can't see anybody buying it for 7.99
Thats what I was thinking. And if it does go up in price, the developer lost 1 customer until it goes back to a reasonable price
11-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Scoops was actually free for almost 2 whole days.
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Scoops was actually free for almost 2 whole days.
Really? I remember seeing it on appshopper one afternoon saying it just dropped it's price, and then the next day I told my friend to get it while it's free and he said it had gone back up in price. Maybe it was an error on my part? Who knows