Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
uh-oh ... have you already got "THE LOOK" from her?

Wellllll.... either buy HER something nice so she will forget about your iTunes bill immediately or sell a liver or kidney, but don't tell her... or limit yourself with gift cards. Believe me, it works (at least iny case, after I removed my cc from the payment options and only used gift cards since).

Another good point is telling her that you prefer to buy apps instead of spending that money on alcohol, drugs and prostitutes.

And regarding your "admittedly frivolous purchases"... it is as it is:
being horny and having an itch is bad - but the itching of The Buy-Button-Finger is something much worse.
Yeah, then she'll tell him to spend it on her.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hmm... the price says $3, and the description says "special introductory price"

Now im having second thoughts about TOFTTing.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Yeah,agreed,expecially coupled with the fact that the devs have no previous games under their belt...also,generally speaking,3 bucks on sale is not a good average price,expecially considering the latest quality games' pricings.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:

Alright I'll TOFTT on this one guys. Plenty of other people have done it in the past so I'll step up this time and do my part. Expect some imps within an hour or so everyone!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksFANjason View Post
Alright I'll TOFTT on this one guys. Plenty of other people have done it in the past so I'll step up this time and do my part. Expect some imps within an hour or so everyone!
Thanks man. Cant wait to see your imps.

This is all i can find about the game:
http://kidalang.com/sage-fusion/

... And it doesnt say much either.

I hope it's just paranoia telling me it's shady.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The screenshots sold me. I took the chance and I'll try it out after work tonight. I need a decent RPG to play so I hope it's good.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
The screenshots sold me. I took the chance and I'll try it out after work tonight. I need a decent RPG to play so I hope it's good.
Well, we do have Knights of Pen and Paper out this week, and it's a proven gem.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Well, we do have Knights of Pen and Paper out this week, and it's a proven gem.
This.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Alright, I've spent a bit of time with the game (enough to finish the intro story/tutorial) and here's my verdict so far:

For those who want a quick sentence - the game seems pretty legit and fun. I can't speak towards length of the game or how complex it gets obviously, because I've only been able to spend about 30 minutes with it but I like what I see so far.

Some features: The game has auto-rotate enabled, and multi-tasking as well (so you can switch out of the app and come back and you won't lose your progress). That's a good start in my book. The only strange feature to me is a lack of a start-screen (or menu at the app start-up). You'll see the company splash logo screen, and then the game will begin immediately. If you've already played and are resuming, the game will auto-load your progress.

You'll start with a pretty good tutorial that will explain the basics of battle and I have to say that it does a good job of informing the player. Battle is turn-based and reminds me a bit of the Mario & Luigi games from game boy advance. Each action you choose uses AP (action points) and then as it's performed, there is a time-based tapping mechanic that is used to break an enemy's defense and add more damage if you pull it off successfully. It will also recover some AP for you. Similarly, when enemies attack, you use the same time-based tap mechanic to defend and recover AP. It's fun, and I enjoy it, but don't expect a lot of diversity in it. It's a simple "tap the shield icon above the character at the right time" mechanic that's used for attacking or defending - and it's the same for all characters.

There is an adventure element to the game in which you "point and click" to explore the areas you're in. There also appear to be puzzles you'll need to solve in these adventure segments of the game (though I've only come across 1 so far but I haven't played much at all). Also, I haven't found any items in the adventure segments yet, as seems to be common in most adventure games. It appears to just be a tap to move mechanic with some puzzle solving.

Text is a mixed bag for me. I've noticed a slight bit of iffy writing - incorrect grammer or awkward dialogue where the characters reveal more background story in a way that feels unnatural, but I likely only noticed it because I was wary of that from reading the app's description. Also, as a Journalism major and Creative Writing minor, I'm a stickler for awkward writing. For the most part, the game has decent writing with few typos and probably won't bother most folks.

I haven't gotten far enough yet to determine if there is an ability tree that will open up or anything, but that's doubtful as there is no "LVL" associated with any characters that I can see and the game didn't indicate that it was passing out experience points after battles.

There is a basic options menu in-game that lets you see your items, change the text speed, and choose between saving, loading, or creating a new game.

I don't see any IAPs anywhere or any option for a store. I also can't speak to whether this is iphone 5 optimized as I'm still running a 4s.

That's about it. Let me know if anyone has any other specific questions!

Last edited by ducksFANjason; 11-01-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 01:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Sounds like Battleloot Adventures to me which is a good thing, but the lack of "level progression" or anything of the sort (skill progression, etc.) is holding me back from diving in.

Thanks for laying it out for us.