Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

i still havent picked this up because of the un-RPG elements in the game.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The devs reply to me about the rpg elements... there are no classes or skills to level... there are different skills but they are kinda automatic to pick...

I ask them about how long is the game and didn't get a direct answer... but they said "its not long by RPG standars" and "on the other side most rpg are long because they make you to grind for hours to get it done" ...

Anyone can give a hint about it here? I mean, I don't mind if is short but not super short...
Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 PM

I bought it and played the first part.
The description of the game in the App Store is basically the introduction of the game , you start the game based on that description giving you the introduction of 2 characters and a 3rd one in the middle of your 3rd fight.
You move around by touching the place you want to move, there are some puzzles and fights appear as the story develops. Game is heavily driven by story like an adventure game.
Battle system is turn based , each character has a set of attacks that require AP ( action points ) each turn. You earn some AP at every turn but if you don't have enough AP you would have to skip a turn to accumulate some . You can use items during battle but I don't know how to get them yet ( I haven't played enough).
Game seems good enough if you're an RPG fan and you already played most of the jrpg's out there in the App Store .
Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hello Robbmx77 ... How long to get there? I really really don't want to buy a game and play it for 2 hours and finish it
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbmx77 View Post
I bought it and played the first part.
The description of the game in the App Store is basically the introduction of the game , you start the game based on that description giving you the introduction of 2 characters and a 3rd one in the middle of your 3rd fight.
You move around by touching the place you want to move, there are some puzzles and fights appear as the story develops. Game is heavily driven by story like an adventure game.
Battle system is turn based , each character has a set of attacks that require AP ( action points ) each turn. You earn some AP at every turn but if you don't have enough AP you would have to skip a turn to accumulate some . You can use items during battle but I don't know how to get them yet ( I haven't played enough).
Game seems good enough if you're an RPG fan and you already played most of the jrpg's out there in the App Store .
Thanks for the impression. But as ExactPsience, I would really like to know if there is any kind of character progression. Even if it is just skills appearing along a pre-calculated tree. Any hint on experience, level, or story-driven evolutions?

And, from what you played; are the fights fun, or pretty mechanical?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM

I was kind of skeptical when I bought the game but in my opinion this is one hell of an iOS rpg. Reminding me of a FF game. When the story ended I was dying for more. It took me a few hours of straight playing to beat it so you get your money's worth. I will say that the combat is not that exciting, there is a guard system that you have to do to beat enemies.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM

So far I've played about the first 20min. I haven't seen any stats of character progression there's this weird feeling on the battle system kind of like a mixture of final fantasy and legend of dragoon where you have to tap the attack or defend icon just in the right time to make your attack/defend more accurate.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanedi View Post
Hello Robbmx77 ... How long to get there? I really really don't want to buy a game and play it for 2 hours and finish it
I've played for about an hour so far and I'm barely on chapter 1. There's a lot of reading and looking for items on the field like in an adventure game.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbmx77 View Post
So far I've played about the first 20min. I haven't seen any stats of character progression there's this weird feeling on the battle system kind of like a mixture of final fantasy and legend of dragoon where you have to tap the attack or defend icon just in the right time to make your attack/defend more accurate.
Ever played Battleloot Adventures? Are they similar? Coz it sounds like it, but no one has mentioned Battleloot adventures except me who doesnt have the game. LOL
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I love this game! Plays like most of the Winterwolves / Hanako games (Heileen, Loren, Fatal Hearts) for the mac. App store needs more English-language Visual novel / RPGs like this! Not too difficult, not bad writing... very interesting combat system (timed blocking)... possibly the first time I've seen something like that in the Visual Novel genre. I have only one minor complaint: NO TITLE SCREEN?! :-) Still, I highly recommend this game if you like VNs as much as I do. Hope to see more from this dev, it's a perfect mix of Visual Novel and Adventure formats!