Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM

"Beautiful 2D arts?" Yeah. Gunna pass.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Dev, if you see this, please release some info on when the next chapter comes out please. We love you.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Im still surprised nobody said anything if there are similarities with Battleloot Adventures.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think there's more to it than Battleloot... Seems like there's adventure point and click like segments I guess? And then battles with timed attack and defense. And of cousre the story which BA had pretty much none of...
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
I think there's more to it than Battleloot... Seems like there's adventure point and click like segments I guess? And then battles with timed attack and defense. And of cousre the story which BA had pretty much none of...
So i guess they are only similar in the battles. Thanks for the comparison. The no character progression is still holding me back though. Im afraid having a battle system like this without it having a proper RPG-character progression seems empty to me. I really find it odd that they chose this kind of battle system, but i might be missing something.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
So i guess they are only similar in the battles. Thanks for the comparison. The no character progression is still holding me back though. Im afraid having a battle system like this without it having a proper RPG-character progression seems empty to me. I really find it odd that they chose this kind of battle system, but i might be missing something.
I've been leaning the same way and have been hoping someone could say once and for all if their is any character development in terms of stats, equipment, skills...

Something.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 PM

No there is no player controlled development of stats. The characters get new skills and stats as the story progresses.

DEV PLEASE RELEASE SOME INFO ON WHEN THE NEXT CHAPTER COMES OUT

Thank you
Old 11-25-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdaddy View Post
No there is no player controlled development of stats. The characters get new skills and stats as the story progresses.

DEV PLEASE RELEASE SOME INFO ON WHEN THE NEXT CHAPTER COMES OUT

Thank you
I enjoyed this game a lot, totally worth the 0.99$/0.89 eur that i've paid on it. A very good hybrid of adventure and TBS. The story is too short for my taste, but because you have to read all the conversations and tales took me around 6-7h to complete it. If you play it without reading (as a second time, when you know exactly what to do) i think that can be completed in 2h.

Dev i definitly want the second chapter, but will it be as an update or a new game? Just to know if i can delete this one

Last edited by HCivic; 11-25-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hello, everyone. I am from Kidalang, the developer of Sage Fusion. Sorry for not saying anything until now. We actually have found this forum thread since the very beginning, but being the new kid in town, we were still a little shy.

Thank you very much for all of you who have taken interest in Sage Fusion, especially those who actually bought and played this game that just suddenly showed up one day, released by a no-name company nobody has ever heard before. We're happy that most of you who tried it seem to have enjoyed it.

We actually have released a little info on the next episode's release in a blog post: http://kidalang.com/2012/11/15/first-post-2/
I will reproduce the relevant bit here, but do visit our blog to read the full post.

Quote:
Here’s the first bit of information: we’ve already started working on the next episode. We haven’t gotten very far, but we have decided on the major plot points. From the looks of things, episode two seems to be quite considerably larger in scope than episode one, which I think we can all agree is a good thing, but unfortunately it also means bigger workload. There will be more character sprites, backgrounds, and story illustrations to draw, more dialogs and narrations to write, and more game scripts to program. It’s probably not going to take as long as when we did the first episode, because we have learned a lot since then, and we can just improve the existing game engine instead of making one from scratch, but it will still take some time.

So, when will we release Sage Fusion episode 2? The answer may not be what you’d like to hear: It depends. We’ve just released the first episode and it’s still not clear how successful it is commercially. As we have stated, our team is very small. With the resources we have now, our very early, very rough estimate is that it may take more than half a year to finish episode 2. But if the first episode is successful enough, we’ll have more confidence and we can get more people to help with the development. So yeah, not a very definitive answer, we know, but this is what we can say right now.
We will keep sharing news about our games in our website, and we also plan to share other things like concept art and development progress in our blog, so please visit our website at www.kidalang.com.

Thank you and please give Sage Fusion a try! It's probably different than most people's expectation of RPG, and most people's expectation of adventure game. We can't say whether it's better, but rather than rehashing the same old idea over and over again, we think people will appreciate something fresh and different.

PS: For those of you still wondering about character progression, see skipdaddy's answer.

PPS: @HCivic, the second episode will be released as a new game, not an update.