Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Great thoughts, thanks for sharing!

I'm thinking more and more about making everything purchased with gears in-game and removing the paid options entirely, other than optionally purchasing gears.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions in that regard?
If we did that, then a 5 bomb pack might be 500, 10 pack might be 750 and potentially we could do the infinite pack for like 10,000 gears.

The first update should be coming in middle of December with a couple more planes and an additional map. The map will be purchased with gears, and at least one of the planes will be purchasable with gears.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback. As downloads have slowed from their release numbers I'm more and more focused on what we can do to increase the number of people playing the game as I *really* want to expand it with the many ideas we weren't able to put in the release version.

We have 2 updates for sure planned (totaling 2 maps and 3 planes between them), and would love to do more, but a lot of that will depend on how they are received.

I love the feedback and those who are sharing the game with their friends. We look forward to more of both!

***** REGARDING SUPREME MEDALS *****
If you speed up the game (use FF) it will increase your score. If you can use it enough during a level, and lose only a few (or no) hearts, you will get a Supreme, on some levels it is harder than others .
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyruszuo View Post
I'm thinking more and more about making everything purchased with gears in-game and removing the paid options entirely, other than optionally purchasing gears. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions in that regard?
That would be most consumer-friendly. I'm all in favor. I might keep the $2.99 Super Pack priced in cash, though. It would be convenient to just make one purchase and unlock everything without having to figure out how many gears to buy, and it would avoid having to price that in gears and make it a weird kind of grinding target. I also want you to make some money....

In any case it doesn't make sense for the Packs to be purchased with gears and then include bonus gears.

Quote:
If we did that, then a 5 bomb pack might be 500, 10 pack might be 750 and potentially we could do the infinite pack for like 10,000 gears.
That would be awesome! I would even support 1000 for 5 bombs and 1500 for 10, but that's because I feel like the bombs are sort of cheating.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM

I appreciate the thoughts.

We're watching numbers and downloads as we figure out what to do next. Much of it will end up being what the numbers say.

2 things they seem to be saying is that moving to gears to pay for maps did not increase downloads (very disappointing to me) and the change also may have decreased the average spend in the game .

We'll see where things go!

This morning I was playing with one of the new planes (due in the first update!) and I can't wait to share it. It is a fighter plane with a swivel gun on the front so that it can actually attack 2 sets of enemies at the same time. It seemed like a good idea when we came up with it (about 8 months ago!) and having it in the game for the first time today I have to say it is absolutely my new favorite!

The first level of the new map is ready, 3 more levels to go and some tweaks to make to the new planes balanced (there are 2), a few minor changes in other pats of the game, and we'll be ready to release!

Thanks again for the feedback, it is much appreciated!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
We're watching numbers and downloads as we figure out what to do next. Much of it will end up being what the numbers say.

2 things they seem to be saying is that moving to gears to pay for maps did not increase downloads (very disappointing to me) and the change also may have decreased the average spend in the game .
Well, yes, all the changes will decrease the average spend in the game. The idea is that you'll get more customer good will and more customers to increase the total revenue over the long run.

You had a big blast of publicity at launch so naturally your downloads will plummet after that. Also the initial reviews all complained about the price, which no doubt turned off a lot of people who aren't giving the game a second look. I suggest when you come out with new maps you do another round of publicity stating that you have new maps and restructured pricing, with a quote along the lines of "We took to heart customers saying our prices were out of line and now the game is free and everything in the game can be earned. Paying is purely optional."

Also, maybe come out with any kind of update in about 2 weeks from now so that you can wipe out the old reviews.

As for me, I'm bummed that I've finished the game (won "Superior" medals at every level on every map), but that only reinforces my belief that even though the artwork and the music are top notch, this is only a $0.99 game in the iTunes store. Just not enough game play to justify a higher price.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the thoughts!

I think one of the key things I see is a need to increase the content and provide more challenges.

My hope is our first update (in ~2 weeks) will be the start of doing that (2 new planes, 1 new map which I'm making *very* challenging).

The second update will have another map, and if I can get the backing, it will have challenges for all the levels in the game, which I hope will create some additional tough levels for those who like a good struggle .

I've really appreciated the thoughts and definitely agree that some press on the release of the update is warranted, and I was thinking about the same tone that you mentioned .

We have very positive review scores since the price changes, so hopefully we will generate some additional word of mouth on the customer good will!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:

***** REGARDING SUPREME MEDALS *****
If you speed up the game (use FF) it will increase your score. If you can use it enough during a level, and lose only a few (or no) hearts, you will get a Supreme, on some levels it is harder than others .
Thanks for that, I realised that FF did help get more supreme and get me on the leaderboard on GC (lots of cheaters on there &#128545

In my attempts to get the supreme medal I have accumulated a lot of gears, hence negating the need to buy gears but decided to buy the howling wolf anyway just to support the developer to make more levels. Hope interest in the game picks up
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Thanks!
We are finishing off a new map + 2 new planes that we hope to have out by Christmas.
It is my intent to make this map and all its levels devilishly hard. I also hope they'll stretch players a bit by forcing them to think/play in a different way than they have in the past .
We'll add a couple more features as we go.
Apologies on the cheaters...I wish they did not cheat!
Unfortunately stopping cheaters is like stopping piracy, it's virtually impossible. We WILL make changes to make cheating harder, but ultimately we'd rather our time on content.

Hopefully your friends don't cheat! The updated level summary for the game will include your friends' scores on the right so you can compete without having to even open up GameCenter!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 PM

The first content update is now available.
The new levels on the new map "Toyland" are all intended to be *very* challenging, I hope they are enjoyed!

We also added a stats page at the end of the level to see which planes eliminated the most tanks, as well as friends scores built into the Level Summary on Survival levels.

I'm interested to hear the feedback on the changes and new map.

We hope to do another update around the middle of January.
Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
The first content update is now available.
The new levels on the new map "Toyland" are all intended to be *very* challenging, I hope they are enjoyed!

We also added a stats page at the end of the level to see which planes eliminated the most tanks, as well as friends scores built into the Level Summary on Survival levels.

I'm interested to hear the feedback on the changes and new map.

We hope to do another update around the middle of January.
Happy Holidays to everyone!
Thanks for the update with the new map.
However, I can't figure out how to beat the first level with those two planes that don't do any damage to tanks other than slowing them down.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 AM

I bought the game and purchased the maps, and it's a good game, but you have competition like toy defense, field runners, and planes are a bit expensive, no complaints about purchasing extra maps, but you have to do a bug grind to get new planes