Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2012, 11:15 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Default Hands on Impressions: The New iPad with Retina Display and A6X Processor & iPad mini

Hey dudes,

We're going to try things a bit different this time around with how we handle a device launch, and get the forum community involved a bit more. I'm hoping to be able to do a couple different front page posts linking to threads like this one curating forum user impressions. So, if you're interested, post your hands-on impressions here and they might get rolled up into a front page post.

Basically, I'm looking for what you guys think of the new hardware, what games you're trying, what seems to run the best on the A6X of the new iPad, what games seem to shine the brightest on the smaller screen of the iPad mini, things like that. Overall, just the experience you're having as you unbox and play with your new iPad tomorrow. (Or earlier if you're one of those super lucky people who have their package courier "accidentally" deliver it a day ahead of time.)

Let's keep this limited to people who actually have the device(s) and questions for them just for the sake of keeping the thread clean.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Eli; 11-01-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

This is a great idea, I have been wondering just what the hell to get with this new bit of kit.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow (The new, new iPad, not the Mini) at some point, will post my impressions asap! Should be fun... up until now, I have been on the original iPad 1, so will run a few of the same games on each and feeedback on as much as I can.

Last edited by P0tent1al; 11-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: sentence tweak :)
Old 11-01-2012, 04:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Mine will be ordered next week but i'd like to know (or else i'll just test it when I get mine) how Nova 3,Mc3 and wild blood runs now, Is it really faster with loadings in Fieldrunners 2?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Mine will be ordered next week but i'd like to know (or else i'll just test it when I get mine) how Nova 3,Mc3 and wild blood runs now, Is it really faster with loadings in Fieldrunners 2?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...on-review.html

Looks like it loads faster.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Echoseven [NZ] - NOW UNIVERSAL!!!

Bitchin'!

Unfortunately, it will be a couple of hours before I even open the box. For now I've hidden it out of sight until I'm finished, but I can feel it taunting me. I swear there's a tiny voice calling out eeeeeeeeechoooooooo...

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-01-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Hey dudes,

We're going to try things a bit different this time around with how we handle a device launch, and get the forum community involved a bit more. I'm hoping to be able to do a couple different front page posts linking to threads like this one curating forum user impressions. So, if you're interested, post your hands-on impressions here and they might get rolled up into a front page post.

Basically, I'm looking for what you guys think of the new hardware, what games you're trying, what seems to run the best on the A6X of the new iPad, what games seem to shine the brightest on the smaller screen of the iPad mini, things like that. Overall, just the experience you're having as you unbox and play with your new iPad tomorrow. (Or earlier if you're one of those super lucky people who have their package courier "accidentally" deliver it a day ahead of time.)

Let's keep this limited to people who actually have the device(s) and questions for them just for the sake of keeping the thread clean.

Thanks guys!
Bah, you can't call the ipad 4, the new ipad! Only the real new ipad, the ipad, 3rd generation deserves that name!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'll have my mini on Christmas. Really looking forward to some impressions until then!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Holy balls, this is awesome.

I'm going to have dinner, but in the meantime does anyone have any particular questions about it?
(4th gen iPad, that is. Not the mini)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0tent1al View Post
This is a great idea, I have been wondering just what the hell to get with this new bit of kit.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow (The new, new iPad, not the Mini) at some point, will post my impressions asap! Should be fun... up until now, I have been on the original iPad 1, so will run a few of the same games on each and feeedback on as much as I can.

I'm in the same boat as you. My new iPad is coming tomorrow, and that will be a huge upgrade over my iPad1 -- which has pretty much been unusable as of late. So I'm really looking forward to the faster hardware + retina display! I've already purchased Bastion and The Room, so I can't wait to finally playing those two.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Bah, you can't call the ipad 4, the new ipad! Only the real new ipad, the ipad, 3rd generation deserves that name!
hmmm well with double the processor speed, i think this is really the ipad 3
and the ipad 3 needs renaming to ioad 2.5