Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Kind of funny story yesterday at a Thanksgiving day dinner. I thought my niece had had an ipad 2 so was going to let her play with my new ipad and compare and post my comments.

So we switch, she doesn't have all that many games on it, so start playing. After awhile, I was thinking that wow the ipad 2 graphics look really good almost as good as my new ipad.

Then I went to general settings, and figured out that it wasn't an ipad 2 but a 32 gb new ipad.

So short conclusion to my scientific ipad 2 vs new ipad test:

New ipad 32 gb screen looks identical to my 64
gb screen.

Hehe...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks like Samsung will no longer be making batteries for the ipad just like they got muscled out of using their screens on the new ipad to LG. Too bad, I liked Samsung's quality.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/11/b...ad-and-macbook

Will see if this makes any real impact or not.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I am thinking about making my new ipad into a console by getting the hdmi cable connection and using joypad on my iphone 4.

And playing games like Mikey shorts, infinity zone, and silverfish max on my bigscreen tv.

Will this work ok? Anyone try it yet?

And will other games like Asphalt 7 or others work ok even without joypad? Some games would probably be unplayeable this way cause you would have to look directly at the ipad for its controls, but I figure many probably would play fine.

Now, not saying this would be close to a ps3, bu at least this would be fun to try out. Anyone recommend this before I spend the money on an hdmi cable and ipad connection kit? Is it worthwhile?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 AM

^ Also interested with doing the above. What are my options when it comes to controllers? Do a lot of games support controller input? Also when displaying to an hdtv, will the whole screen be used? Or will it just be stuck in a 4:3 box?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georaldc View Post
^ Also interested with doing the above. What are my options when it comes to controllers? Do a lot of games support controller input? Also when displaying to an hdtv, will the whole screen be used? Or will it just be stuck in a 4:3 box?
This isnt the cheapest option but my setup is this:

Apple TV
iPad 4
and then using the Gameloft duo gamer for a controller but this will only play a small handful of gameloft games.

These games will run full screen also
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk2k View Post
This isnt the cheapest option but my setup is this:

Apple TV
iPad 4
and then using the Gameloft duo gamer for a controller but this will only play a small handful of gameloft games.

These games will run full screen also
How is that duo joystick, any good? Too bad it only works with gameloft games. Is it wifi or bluetooth?

Have you tried the joypad app with some games like Mikey shorts, infinity field, silverfish, and others? Or maybe you don't have an iphone.

And is it any fun to play on a big screen? Do you recommend buying an hdmi connection kit and cable to use it?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Any other iPad Mini or iPad 4 impressions?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

> Any other iPad Mini or iPad 4 impressions?

The iPad 4 is really fantastic! Keep in mind, I went from the iPad 1 to this, so that probably plays a factor in things. My entire workflow and app switching has become so much more natural and smooth. Reading on it is easier and more comfortable. Everything is just faster and zippier. In-game taps are extremely responsive. Games for retina look great.

I also use the iPad for playing/recording music and the 4 really makes this process so much easier and better. With the iPad 1, I could barely have a single synth app running in the background without some crackling, I can now use Genome to sequence parts and control three synth apps all running at the same time without any hiccups. Three synths are the most apps I've tried so far, which I believe the iPad 3 can also handle just fine. Even within these synth apps, I am now able to use more polyphony (the number of notes you can play at once) for those apps which recognize the device as being more powerful. Alchemy is now able to handle significantly more notes at once as can iGrand Piano.

In addition, audio editing is now usable. The iPad 1 was really sluggish when editing large sound files (Hokusai for example). Now the process is really smooth and natural.

So I am now able to do stuff musically, in a more natural and flowing way that I just could not accomplish with the iPad 1.

And, I just upgraded our 8 year old a/b/g router to a newer dual-band a/b/g/N router. This, too, has made a HUGE difference. Internet access is now significantly faster on all of our iPads (we have 1s, 2s, and the 4). And we also get a stronger signal allowing us to finally stream video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) in our bedrooms.

Ohhh, I just realized I need to try out SplashTop now. I wanted to play PC games on the iPad, but when our signal in the bedroom was so weak, the games were unplayable. I've wanted to play Star Wars Rebellion.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default I got my Ipad 4, I will give you guys some useful data

(oh, I'm so happy)
I checked some reviews before, no matter video one or a article, there are a lot of things I want to know but I can't find the information I need from them.
first, internet surfing:
It's really a computer. My ipad 2 can't really handle more the 2 webpages in the same time. yes, it could open even 5 or 6 pages, but when you really using it, it will probably refresh the pages or even crash.
But ipad 4th gen, it's just like a computer, my eyes swift among 10 pages with my finger, it's so smooth.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Didn't realize the ipad 2 was like that, is it cause of the memory? My new ipad have no problems opening tons of pages. Didn't realize that, thought performance wise the ipad 2 was pretty close to the new ipad.