Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

If I were in the market I'd certainly consider a mini too...but the price+low specs are annoying to say the least.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

The iPad mini is my absolute favorite device, and maybe even the best computer I've ever used. The size and weight are just perfect, and I seriously haven't run into a single situation where the hardware couldn't live up to the task at hand. I mean, yeah, it's obviously slower than my iPhone 5 or iPad 4, but none of that matters. It's sort of like one of those "the best camera is the one you have with you" situations. I bring my mini places I never would lug my iPad to.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
The iPad mini is my absolute favorite device, and maybe even the best computer I've ever used. The size and weight are just perfect, and I seriously haven't run into a single situation where the hardware couldn't live up to the task at hand. I mean, yeah, it's obviously slower than my iPhone 5 or iPad 4, but none of that matters. It's sort of like one of those "the best camera is the one you have with you" situations. I bring my mini places I never would lug my iPad to.
The form factor really makes that much difference? I've never handled or seen on in the metal, as it were, so I don't have any point of reference.

If I had a mini it'd probably stay at home with my iPad, I never carry my iPad out of the house unless we're talking about a 2+ hour drive or somewhere where I know I'll need it, but carrying around a mini? I would think an iPod or iPhone would be better, except for the abysmal battery life (I'm spoiled with my 10 hours on the iPad ) I really did love my old iPod touch though, now that went everywhere with me.

Edit: I love how we're now talking about "lugging" around an iPad, 10 years ago people were "lugging" around these ultra-heavy laptops and now carrying a 2-pound device is lugging. Man, I hate having to lug my Sansa clip MP3 player around everywhere. I need to get one of those chips that you just insert under the skin of your forearm. Less weight. Less hassle.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-14-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

My iPod never leaves my pocket, but there's not many places I would take this ipad, even if it was a mini. Anywhere a mini would go, this could too.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
TouchArcade Janitor

My point is I got the mini thinking I'd just need it to test games on for TouchArcade and didn't think it'd ever do anything but sit on my desk... But, I've got all the recent iOS devices and the only one I really use any more is the iPad mini because the form factor is just so good. If you try one out for a couple days, you'll see. It's the best iOS device Apple has released yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
My point is I got the mini thinking I'd just need it to test games on for TouchArcade and didn't think it'd ever do anything but sit on my desk... But, I've got all the recent iOS devices and the only one I really use any more is the iPad mini because the form factor is just so good. If you try one out for a couple days, you'll see. It's the best iOS device Apple has released yet.
I would agree if it didnt have such outdated hardware and no retina, which in my eyes keeps it from being the best.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Next time I go by an apple store I think I'll try one out.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
TouchArcade Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
I would agree if it didnt have such outdated hardware and no retina, which in my eyes keeps it from being the best.
Spend a week with one and I promise it won't matter. I thought the exact same thing when I took it out of the box.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Coming from an iPad 2, the screen was a lot sharper just because it's more dense than the iPad 2. Not retina, but definitely quite nice. It was hard to judge the weight because they had it tethered and the tether thing was on the heavy side, but you could still tell it was a lot lighter than the iPad 2 they had tethered the same way.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Spend a week with one and I promise it won't matter. I thought the exact same thing when I took it out of the box.
Hm. Well, I won't be getting one so that won't happen but ill take your word for it. Definately a really cool device.