★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My Little Hero and My Little Heo HD by Acne Play-> free release

11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
My Little Hero and My Little Heo HD by Acne Play-> free release

Don't know how long it will stay this way. This game came out...maybe 8 or so months ago and apparently was pulled from the appstore. I don't know the story about why that happened.

It looks like this is a new publisher...the original was an asian company IIRC. I'm playing it now. No ads, no iaps AT ALL.

I found it while manually browsing the store on my phone. I expect it to go up in price. If you want it, grab it now. If you owned the old version you'll probably want to grab it too, since this version mat be replacing the other.

I don't have a link right now, but you can find one in the ios games forum (I started a thread), plus, all the info you need for a search is in the title.

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Don't know how long it will stay this way. This game came out...maybe 8 or so months ago amd apparantly was pulled from the appstore. I don't know the story about why that happened.

It looks like this is a new publisher...the original was an asian company IIRC. I'm playing it now. No ads, no iaps AT ALL.

I found it while manually browsing the store on my phone. I expect it to go up in price. If you want it, grab it now. If you owned the old version you'll probably want to grab it too, simce this version mat be replacing the other.

I don't have a link right now, but you can find one in the ios games forum (I started a thread), plus, all the info you need for a search is in the title.
Here mate: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=163956

11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Grace View Post
Yeah...you just linked me to my thread I'm on my phone, so I can't grab the link the TA app created and post it here. Plus, last I checked, it wasn't showing up yet on appshopper (I wonder of new apps have to be dl'ed before they show up) and didn't come up in a Google search.
11-01-2012, 01:08 PM
ACNE Play are the devs behind Pizza Boy, an truly excellent SMB-inspired platformer, so the quality doesn't surprise me.
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Yeah...you just linked me to my thread I'm on my phone, so I can't grab the link the TA app created and post it here. Plus, last I checked, it wasn't showing up yet on appshopper (I wonder of new apps have to be dl'ed before they show up) and didn't come up in a Google search.
I know,just wanted to help you by adding the link if you could not

It shows for me on Appstore/Itunes.
11-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I remember this game when it was free before. Hit the download again on this version. Thanks for the info.
11-01-2012, 01:35 PM

I was wondering what happened to this. It looks like they just rereleased it on their own label and set it at free to compensate everyone who had paid for it on the previous label.

Last edited by retr0spective; 11-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.
11-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I remember this, but didnt get it before. Is it good?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I remember this, but didnt get it before. Is it good?
I thought it wasn't bad and had some decent production values, but ultimately got a bit boring IMO. Seemed a bit too kid-friendly for me.

Last edited by awp69; 11-01-2012 at 02:24 PM.
11-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
ACNE Play are the devs behind Pizza Boy, an truly excellent SMB-inspired platformer, so the quality doesn't surprise me.
Oh, and meant to say that this wasn't initially developed by ACNE Play, so don't judge it by that alone. Pizza Boy is excellent. This, your milage may vary.

Does look like some new content was added though. Also wonder if they tweaked the rest of the game at all. So maybe it's better.