Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Wreck-it Ralph (by Disney)

Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

A doodle jumper, a dual stick shooter (arena survival?) and a platformer similar to old donkey kong games?

Sold.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
A doodle jumper, a dual stick shooter (arena survival?) and a platformer similar to old donkey kong games?

Sold.
Impressions please!

Wanna know if this is worth my buck!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Impressions please!

Wanna know if this is worth my buck!
same here
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

downloading now... but for the ones interested, Fix-It Felix (one of the 3 games included here) is free.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:24 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

It's made by Disney so I can't see it being a cheap horrible game. It still might be horrible but I have a feeling it'll look good.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Sold.
Not me. Can't count on Disney to make quality games anymore.

Last edited by bigrand1; 11-01-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 01:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

In a nutshell, it's a collection of 3 (with a fourth one labeled coming soon) games that have proven themselves on the appstore. However, there are good and bad in how they made these titles.

1. Fix-it Felix Jr. - Probably the best among the 3. The joystick may feel a little bit awkward at first, as it needs a "flick" on the joystick to move to that direction, but it works well. Basically you're on the face of a building and Wreck-it Ralph destroys some windows. Your job is to move from window to window and tap the fix button to fix the windows. It sounds too simple at first, but some open swing-windows and ledges can block your way in the later stages, and Ralph moves faster, and he throws more rocks at you while you fix windows. Sounds simple, but it can get addictive.

2. Sweet Climber - A a very mediocre Doodle Jump clone. It's ok, but it isnt anything new. Somehow the tilt isnt as responsive as doodle jump or other clones.

3. Hero's Duty - As expected, it's a mediocre dual stick shooter in a small arena with no more than 1 type of enemy that differs in size and has some different moves. Some bugs lay eggs that shoot stuff at you, some destroy the arena and you get damaged when you step on broken flooring, later stages introduce some obstacles that only some powerups can shoot through, or you will need to maneuver around these obstacles. There are random powerups that comes as drops off some of your kills. There are flamethrowers, spread grenades and triple shots. Those are the ones i've seen, if there are any more. Levels are split into "stages" but the game is endless. Higher stages introduce more and bigger enemies which do some varied stuff mentioned above, and then they offer some obstacles scattered around as well.

Each of these mini-games have their own leaderboards and achievements which is a nice addition.

Overall, Wreck-it Ralph is an ok pickup, but to me only Fix-it Felix Jr is worth spending time playing on. For the jumper game and the DSS games, there are far superior options that are free, like Mega Jump and Bullet Time.

There is a free full version of Fix-it Felix Jr on the appstore but you get only 1 game, so i woudnt really recommend buying Wreck-it Ralph unless the fanboyism kicks in and you want it for the title.

It's $1, and it doesnt have IAPs, has 3 decent games, all have great graphics and sounds, separate leaderboards and achievements, and a disney titles attached to it, so it's worth it, but it's not recommended.

In no way these mini-games are bad, it's just that there are some titles better.

Get Fix-it Ralph Jr. and try it out coz it's a pretty good homage to 8-bit games... this one, i say check it out if you want some nostalgia.

Cheers!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the impressions EP! I have FIF jr already, so it looks like I'll be skipping this one!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Not me. Can't count on Disney to make quality games anymore.
What about Where's My Water?', Cars2, and Pirates of the Caribbean... all good Disney mobile games. Even the educational games get great reviews.