★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Battery Bar Screwed?

06-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Battery Bar Screwed?

Hey guys, I think that the battery bar of my iPhone 3G is screwed.

I've just updated my software to 3.0, and ever since, my battery bar does not show when it is nearly empty or not.

For example, before the update, I would play Let's Golf! for 1.5 hours straight and the battery bar would show that I have half left.

However, ever since the new software update, the battery bar does not show that I am losing battery, but instead, it stays at full.

My iPhone had just suddenly shut down because it had run out of battery, and I didn't know this because my battery bar is screwed!

Can someone please help me? How do I fix this problem?

PS: I could always let my iPhone automically shut down and then I would have to charge it, but I heard that if you keep letting your iPhone battery run empty, it would wreck it.

And if I am still under warranty, am I able to get a free battery replacement?

Thanks.
06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah, with warrantly, you're probably safe. Try downloading Free Memory or some app with a battery gauge. If that's off too, then you definitely wanna bring it to apple.

06-19-2009, 10:15 PM
maybe you just have a jesus battery, 3.0 made your battery super good, and now it lasts forever?

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
06-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Yeah, with warrantly, you're probably safe. Try downloading Free Memory or some app with a battery gauge. If that's off too, then you definitely wanna bring it to apple.
Do you know any battery gauge apps that are free?
06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
maybe you just have a jesus battery, 3.0 made your battery super good, and now it lasts forever?
No, the battery bar shows that its full, but it is actually draining every minute.
06-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Am I the only one, or has this happened to someone else before as well?
06-19-2009, 11:25 PM
From what I've heard, using your electronic devices all the way to the end of their batteries, and then fully charging again will allow them to retain the best charge.

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
06-19-2009, 11:59 PM
I've heard that charging your iPhone when its battery is low is good for the battery, but I thought that letting it go empty and then charging it wrecks the phone?
06-20-2009, 12:05 AM
I've heard that too. Can't confirm it =P

back
06-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Mine just crashed randomly while plugged in O.o

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.