★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shark Island - out now

06-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Shark Island - out now

itunes link

99 cents

Shark Island is a fast-paced action game that requires quick fingers and a keen eye. You must save the unsuspecting swimmers of Shark Island from hungry, man-eating sharks!

Drag and swipe your way to immortality as the god-like lifeguard of Shark Island!

- Lightning-paced action that never lets up
- Original and funny art style that will keep you smiling!
- Unlimited, open-ended gameplay
- Superb sound effects

How to Play:

Touch the sharks and quickly drag them off the screen before they can reach the swimmers. Don't let the sharks get too close -- they move quickly and sometimes in unexpected ways!

Coming in 1.2:
Careless Tourist Mode!

06-20-2009, 01:36 AM
The graphics look very cool. Would love to hear from anyone who has downloaded this.
06-20-2009, 01:38 AM
kind of reminds me of parachute panic. looks pretty entertaining though

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
06-20-2009, 07:49 AM

Very simple game, touch and move the shark fins off screen to the right. People paddling in the water start to add up, the more sharks you remove and the less kills you receive. Points are added based on the number of sharks you remove. No penalties are given when a shark chows down on one of the poor paddling swimmers.

Some sound and vibration when you move sharks, hit certain totals (including your high score) and when a shark swallows a person (just a loud horn blast nothing special like crunching bones or chomps).

Graphics are decent.

No difficulty levels, just more and more sharks depending on how many kills have occurred. The less kills brings more of a feeding frenzy of sharks and then they dissipate when kills occur. No leaderboards just your high score to beat. My high score is 195 sharks removed. Game ends when the last person is gobbled up.

That is pretty much it. As a choice between this and Parachute Panic because the comparisons are going to be made because of the look, pick Panic. Better graphics and a lot more charm than what this offers. Plus the music is hilarious on Panic.

I will get my $0.99 worth out of this game but will ultimately remove it unless the dev adds more to it. Needs better sounds and music, different sharks with different damage abilities and speeds, and different kill graphics to add variety. Maybe some different backgrounds too.

2 1/2 stars out of 5. Needs work to be enjoyable and addicting.

1) Tried out AT&T tethering and did not have enough money for the pole.
2) Apple still hasn't fixed the no-hardware-keyboard bug.
3) Still can't use the "Cut" function on the AT&T bill...current 4.x issues

Last edited by AttackOfThePwned; 06-20-2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Minor wording edits