★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Trackers

11-02-2012, 04:38 AM
App Trackers

Hello! This is my first post in the toucharcade forums. I've been a gamer for long time now, since my parents gave me an Intellivision for Christmas years ago. Since then I've gamed on a C64, Amiga, PC, GameCube, XBOX, PS 3, 360, and now I'm getting into the iPad.

I've used the iPad for 2 years now but just recently got into gaming. It's amazing to see how much content is out there! I discovered how to use "trackers" to monitor price drops on selected apps. I've used the watch list on the toucharcade app, but the problem is that I'm tracking a lot of apps and it is a pain to scroll through the list everyday. So far the best tracker I've found is the Appspy web site that allows you to set a price.

Anyway I was wondering if there is a better tracker out there. It would be cool if there was a tracker that sent you an email notifying you when an app is in your price range. Any suggestions? Thanks.
11-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Noooo ! You should buy games full price, they arent expensive, specially if you remember the 8.95 days of the C64 !

I dont really use it now but AppShopper was pretty good, add games to it and it tracks them, a nice little red (1) or so appears when theres a price drop and you get an email from what i remember.

But support the devs, buy games full price !
11-02-2012, 04:44 AM
I use AppZapp (app). It's quite fast at picking up price changes etc and you can set it to sending you notifications on price changes, updates and so on. Appshopper is another good tracker.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
11-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
I use AppZapp (app). It's quite fast at picking up price changes etc and you can set it to sending you notifications on price changes, updates and so on. Appshopper is another good tracker.
If you like it on a website, use Appshopper, if you want a good app AppZapp is very good. Chris1a's advice is sound.
11-02-2012, 08:09 AM
I use Free app Tracker. It shows price drops, now free, top free, and your own list of apps you want to track.