Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Vector (Nekki Ltd)

HD Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vector-hd/id554597348

I saw the trailer a long time ago (forgot when) and i was sooooo looking forward to this.

The only flaw is that it crashes on my 4S when it signs in to gamecenter. Plays flawless when i had the device on airplane mode.

THIS GAME IS SO F**KING GOOD from what i've seen so far. There is IAP, so the IAP balance is what im trying to figure out right now. But it's not endless (from what i've seen), so im not sure how the IAP plays on this.

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-03-2012 at 01:05 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just when I thought I had too much this week. Looks like Impossible Mission meets Mirrors Edge meets Save Them All. Giving it a go.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Never ever frickin' forgot about this...bought.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Any chance for a video?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Initial impressions:

Intro: There is an introduction which provides a story (reminds me of Equilibrium) and then you start running as the enforcers chase you. This intro is so well done i should say. I WAS IMPRESSED WATCHING IT.

Graphics: Plain fantastic. Animations. Animations. Animations. The animations are just too smooth and is on a steady framerate.

Sounds: Pretty average I should say. Decent background music, character grunts during stunts, but im not too sold on the background music.

Gameplay: It's a runner game where you swipe up to jump, swipe down to slide, swipe forward to sprint. It reminds me of Zombie Parkour Runner, minus the cartoony art style and the zombie theme.

As you run, you swipe in the right direction to get some very slick maneuvers, and the moves change depending on your speed as you do the action, and the distance from where you do it to the obstacle.

There are "indicators" that have directions on them and as you swipe on the direction provided, you do special stunts that are required to 3-star a level. Some of the stunts are locked, and should be bought from the upgrade/shop screen. I think this is where IAP come in. More on this later.

There are Gadgets that give effectslike "Slow Time" and "Force Blaster" but i didnt bother to check them out yet, as i wanted to spend my initial cash into tricks to help improve my scores.

IAP: What is good about this model is that you never need IAP to finish the game, BUT they can make you 3-star each level faster because you have. 3 levels in and I have 700 cash. Tricks upgrades start at 200, and the most expensive is 3000. Im sure these tricks will snowball you into getting more cash, because the lower level tricks (which are very cheap) will help you 3-star the levels, which will also give you bigger rewards in return, to help you buy the next tricks.

I still cant say if there will be a paywall... But from the looks of things, you can easily beat the game, but you wont be able to 3-star levels unless you buy the tricks. The IAP is there if you want the tricks unlocked right away.

Thoughts so far: One of the best runner games right now, and the parkouring feels like a simulation because of how smooth the animations are.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter77 View Post
Any chance for a video?
Game intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6guw7vXnHTU

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKDBweiWfXU

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 11-02-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I stand corrected by my own discovery. LOL

You get coins from pickups only. Nothing to do with rewards. Getting 3 stars is necessary to unlock the next world. The first world has 11 missions, but it says there are 48 stars to collect. You need 33 stars to unlock world 2.

While playing, even if you die, or if you hit restart or quit, all the coins you got before that is kept, so replaying to get the flawless run just increases your coins, even if you hit restart mid-run.

I have to say... IAP is definitely NOT required, and you dont even have to grind, because what you need to do is play the levels flawlessly, and you just pass by and grab the coins automatically along the way.

I AM LOVING THIS. Surprise friday release, and will definitely go to my GotW nominations list.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I have to say, I love how fluid the rotoscoped look is, and the effort they put in to making sure that the various animation cycles line up smoothly (ex, between walk and jump)
Old 11-02-2012, 03:59 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Holy Cow!

This is great!

Once I got past gamecenter crashing on startup, this is amazing.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahakaJR View Post
Holy Cow!

This is great!

Once I got past gamecenter crashing on startup, this is amazing.
Yup... i just changed my device to airplane mode, and then i commented this on the appstore so the devs see it.