★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

1112Episode 02 and episode 01 Updates advices thread

11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
1112Episode 02 and episode 01 Updates advices thread

Hello guys
here is a new thread to speak about about the new features (gameplay wise)
that will appear in episode 02 and the first episode 01 upcoming update.

I'll try to edit the post with ideas and suggestion that seems good to me

Episode 01 Update 1.1:
- Improved translation of course
- Probably a new tutorial option on main menu (not too much will be explained since understanding "how" to play is part of the fun)

Episode 02 ideas :
- Semi 3D User interface (Think "dead space" interface, nothing certain here we are working on it to see if it can looks cool with a 2D game)
- Multi layers (we will be able to "hide" things between objects and you'll be able to see by tilting the device
- Mini games with re playability value (just to counter the whole "no re playability thing)
- Notepad system to write notes!

PS : don't ask for better translation or length of the game (it's too suggestive since the length is fine if you don't use any spoilers and take their time reading

PPS: Please no haters here, if you don't like the game it's not the place to complain!

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!

Last edited by aghartastudio; 11-30-2008 at 03:43 PM.
11-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm loving your game so far, and I really only have one suggestion. I try to Use the guide from this site as little as possible, but sometimes I absolutely need to. Maybe if you added a hint function, a little dialogue box could come up with a little clue. Nobody would force anyone to use it, so hardcore adventure fans that think it would ruin the game just wouldn't use it, but for some people a few hints here and there could turn frustration into enjoyment. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for episode 2

11-30-2008, 03:54 PM
This sounds awesome! The tutorial option will be really useful to new players and I love the idea of minigames and the notepad!

I really love this game, that's why I wrote the walkthrough, (well that and the fact that I got tired of answering the same questions over and over again in the spoilers thread) and I can't wait till the next episode!
11-30-2008, 03:58 PM
The gameplay was fine, but please please please do a better job of checking your grammar and spelling. For a game that is largely text based, this is not something that should be overlooked.
11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
The gameplay was fine, but please please please do a better job of checking your grammar and spelling. For a game that is largely text based, this is not something that should be overlooked.
He's hired new translators. And also; whats the big deal? So what, some grammar is wrong, but nothing was so dramatic that it confused the player on what to do.
11-30-2008, 04:01 PM
As I said in the post
I had no idea there were still problem left, otherwise I would'nt sent it to submission
Expect an update soon

Designer of 1112
11-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
I'm loving your game so far, and I really only have one suggestion. I try to Use the guide from this site as little as possible, but sometimes I absolutely need to. Maybe if you added a hint function, a little dialogue box could come up with a little clue. Nobody would force anyone to use it, so hardcore adventure fans that think it would ruin the game just wouldn't use it, but for some people a few hints here and there could turn frustration into enjoyment. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for episode 2
That's a nice idea, something like the system in Zack & Wiki on wii would do nicely.

I like the notepad idea. It would be perfect if it could automatically update when you speak to people/find items/complete objectives similar to the system in Shenmue.

Can't wait for episode 2
11-30-2008, 04:28 PM
for the notepad I'd rather use a "free" system where player input himself notes
I'm not too much into giving away hints for free, (there are actually tons of hints in the game, when you try to use the "keyboard" system in dialogs

(There are also tons of funnies accessible only with the keyboard

Designer of 1112
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Ep02 development started!

Designer of 1112
12-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Being able to tilt and shake the iPhone to move objects, spill milk or something similar would be neat. You can also use the microphone to "blow" a candle out or something.

Give us choices which effect the course THROUGH the episode. Moral choices like Fable or The Witcher uses, I think that would add some nice replayability to the series.

And one UI change. I'd like to move my finger around the UI elements on the right and see some sort of popup saying what they do: For example if I hover over the SAVE icon, it would be nice to see "Save Your Game" pop up somewhere on the screen telling me what the icon does.

And for the tutorial. It could be a simple, "get out of the room" scene... look through the keyhole, note that the key is lodged in the hole... grab the sandwich from the table, slide it under the door... then use the screwdriver on the keyhole to push the key through the other side, onto the slice of bread, then open the door with the key. Get a hint by calling your gf on the phone, and she gives you a green text keyword.. so the tutorial can say something about clicking the green icon for more conversation topics, etc.

Anyhoo, gotta run!