★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Where are all the big 3.0 titles?

06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Where are all the big 3.0 titles?

I was expecting to see at least one or two big titles to come out after 3.0, so far nothing yet, or did I miss something? Any news on what's been approved and so on ? Was hoping to see worms for example...
06-20-2009, 10:39 AM
also what happened to the $20 games/applications that was said to hit itunes?

06-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Galactic Gunner
Pocket Gold
Minigore
Warpack Grunts

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I really want team17 to give up some info on worms as well! Although i'm a bit scared to find out how much they'll charge for it.
06-20-2009, 10:56 AM
its not worth the effort for devs right now to make games that harness the power of the 3g s YET bc the user base is a fraction of what the standard 3g is. if youre going to make 3gs specific features, keep in mind that you are alienating ALL the other iphone users... which means realistically youd have to release TWO separate versions of each game (regular version and enhanced, 3gs specific version), which can get a bit confusing for consumers.
06-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceneshifter View Post
I was expecting to see at least one or two big titles to come out after 3.0, so far nothing yet, or did I miss something? Any news on what's been approved and so on ? Was hoping to see worms for example...
I haven't heard a developer tell me that they were "waiting for 3.0 to come out" before they released their title. Infact, most if not all developers are sticking to their own planned schedules for release and I can easily tell you those dates..

When its done.

I don't think 3.0 has been much of a factor when planning and development. I think some of the more anticipated titles, simply aren't ready yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
its not worth the effort for devs right now to make games that harness the power of the 3g s YET bc the user base is a fraction of what the standard 3g is. if youre going to make 3gs specific features, keep in mind that you are alienating ALL the other iphone users... which means realistically youd have to release TWO separate versions of each game (regular version and enhanced, 3gs specific version), which can get a bit confusing for consumers.
He's not talking about the 3G S, he's talking about iPhone OS 3.0. Since 3.0 was announced months ago, developers have had more time to plan for its features. The 3G S was (theoretically) a surprise for everyone, so developers will need a lot more time to make use of its features.

And that's even if the developers want to make use of the extra features they bring.
06-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Yea really. Where's LiveFire? Or whatever its called now.

Check out Smoof7 Productions!
06-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Talk about oblivious.. Wow, Just... wow..

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
06-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Still waiting for the damn Worms to finally come! =)

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!