★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NeoDefender Classic by MeYuMe is now [FREE] !

11-03-2012, 06:36 PM
NeoDefender Classic by MeYuMe is now [FREE] !

What this space for NeoDefender 3 which is closing out its beta testing phase
11-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Awesome reto fun! Highly recommended!

11-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Looks cool, I'll give it a try. Thanks
11-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Awesome reto fun! Highly recommended!
Good enough for me.
11-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Good enough for me.
Invaders World Tour is great too if you like this one. Kinda like what Space Invaders would have been like had it been created today. Hope you like it. (great developer too)
11-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Played this for about 5 min. Default controls are bad. I wanted to try analog stick but after I set that the game rotated some contents of the screen to vertical mode while the rest remained in landscape. I pulled down the notification window then slid it back up and the app crashed. Overall, what I played of the game was pretty medicre. The touch aiming was imprecise and it has you blocking much of the action thus making precise aiming hard as well as knowing what exactly is headed your way.

1/5 stars from me at this point due to quality control. I deleted it. First impressions can be important in this market. This game needs more time in the cooker. Also like the first image shows, the title screen says NeoDefender 2.
11-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback nightc1. I will get that checked out.

The game is NeoDefender 2 but has been relaunched as NeoDefender Classic, now free (was $1.99) but with ads. I will be honest and say that it was originally targeted at iOS4 - so there may well be issues with iOS6, although Apple approved it running iOS6.01 on iPhone5 and iPad3.

NeoDefender 3 is what we have been working on for the last six months; completely HD gfx, many new bosses, lots of new weapons and the ability to move your ship around the galaxy - something which many people asked for.
11-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Is Neodefender 2 still in the appstore? Because I know I own it. And it would be a damned shame to put ads in a paid game, change the name, and have people think they're getting a great deal instead of being hosed.

:sigh: and this is why I can never update without filling my PC with copies of previous versions.
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Nope, we withdrew NeoDefender 2 from the app store so that existing users didn't get the ads - that wouldn't be fair. Otherwise, there is no difference between the original ND2 and the classic.

ND3 will be out in the next four weeks and that will be free with ads. It also includes IAP to buy crystals so that you can get the weapon upgrades earlier. Any IAP will automatically remove the ads as well.
11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Played this for about 5 min. Default controls are bad. I wanted to try analog stick but after I set that the game rotated some contents of the screen to vertical mode while the rest remained in landscape. I pulled down the notification window then slid it back up and the app crashed. Overall, what I played of the game was pretty medicre. The touch aiming was imprecise and it has you blocking much of the action thus making precise aiming hard as well as knowing what exactly is headed your way.

1/5 stars from me at this point due to quality control. I deleted it. First impressions can be important in this market. This game needs more time in the cooker. Also like the first image shows, the title screen says NeoDefender 2.
Thanks, we've fixed the problem with the crash with the notification window (now awaiting Apple review), but couldn't reproduce the rotation bug - we tested iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPod 4 and iPhone 4S.

The comment about covering the screen is well made - it is difficult to play NeoDefender on the smaller screen - the game plays a lot better on the iPad or if you use another iOS device as a remote controller - it's even better on the TV

WRT to the touch aiming, the gun rotates in segments - this maybe why you thought the aim wasn't precise?

NeoDefender 3 addresses a lot of the issues which users had with the previous versions:

- free movement of the ship; either by dragging the ship with your finger or using an analog stick
- radar to give indication as to the location of the attackers
- more precise aiming

In addition:

- hd graphics
- really amazing super bosses
- many more weapons and special items