★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Prolix (Word Drop) - Now available!

06-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Prolix (Word Drop) - Now available!

Ti Studios is excited to announce our very first game for the iPhone/iPod Touch!

Ti Studios is a 2 person team that we started in our apartment earlier this year. The group consists of me, in charge of artwork and game design, and my fiancée who does all programming. We started working on games in the first quarter of 2009 after I got my first iPhone and totally fell in love with it.

We had a lot of fun making this and learning all about developing for the platform. This is our first title we developed, but we plan on making many more, and we intend for the quality to only get better. I hope you enjoy it if you purchase it, and please let us know if you have any suggestions or problems!

***Want a chance to win a free promo code? Follow us on twitter!

(Details posted on page 2)

Quote:
Prolix is a word game that differs from the classic "touch the tiles to spell" games. Instead, you move the falling letters to spell words with the speed increasing at each level until you fill the board and the game is over. As you earn points, you will be rewarded with special tiles such as Bombs and Shakes that will help you through the levels. Prolix allows you to play your iPod in the background so you can choose your own music to go with the sound effects while you attempt a high score.

Features of Prolix:
- Gameplay speed that increases as the levels progress.
- Special Bomb and Shake tiles. Bomb away unwanted letters and shake your device to scramble and prevent ending the game.
- Random wild tiles to help you capture high scoring words.
- Sound effects that will play over your own music or can be turned off if you choose.
- 4 different tile graphics for you to choose from. Currently included: Wood, Keyboard, Ivory, and Pirate.
- High score list allowing you to keep track of your top 10 scores.
- Automatically saves and pauses when you get a phone call. Quit your game at any time and resume where you left off.

Recommended for fans of Tetris, Trism, Bookworm, Word Fu, Scrabble and all word find games.

Prolix (Word Drop) - iTunes
$0.99

Youtube link | Pop Up

Ti Studios LLC
www.ti-studios.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_01.png
Views:	1
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	4850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_02.png
Views:	2
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	4851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_03.png
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	4852  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_04.png
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	4853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_05.png
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	4854  

Last edited by jon@tistudios; 06-23-2009 at 01:08 PM.
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Looks pretty interesting. I like word games =D

back

06-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I know a few people who are FREAKS for word games. I'll have to let them know. Looks like it could be fun. Good luck on the launch!

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys, I hope you all like it. If you do try it please post your impressions.
06-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Yes please. I'm trying to decided between this and Numba.

Impressions would be niceee..
06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Yes please. I'm trying to decided between this and Numba.

Impressions would be niceee..
Numba looks to have flashier graphics judging by the screenshots, but the whole "screen filled with colorful numbers" thing seems a bit harsh to me, personally.

I have played Prolix. You can pretty much get an idea of the game from that youtube video. It starts off pretty slow and relaxing, but speeds up as you score more points. At later levels, you start getting both the "running out of space" problems from Tetris, and the "I really need a vowel" from Scrabble. The bombs and shuffle help manage that, and it can go back and forth a lot with last minute saves before the inevitable end.
06-22-2009, 01:19 AM
There are a few games of this type on the app store, I delayed choosing because nobody had video until now I love word games and this reminds me of Wordtris which I used to like. I will definitely try it out.

Numba is one of those games which is fun but seems to drain my battery super-fast, so I never play it.
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
There are a few games of this type on the app store, I delayed choosing because nobody had video until now I love word games and this reminds me of Wordtris which I used to like. I will definitely try it out.

Numba is one of those games which is fun but seems to drain my battery super-fast, so I never play it.
Yeah, when we started this project there were none like it, but it took us longer than we expected to finish.

I hope you like it ficbot, please give us your impressions here on the forums.
06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, I tried to buy it and it did not show up in the Canada app store, so...
06-22-2009, 09:55 AM
pretty cool i like it