• Publisher: 22Cans
  • Genre:
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 21.6 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 1.5 (2)
App description: Join thousands of people worldwide to simultaneously chip away at a giant cube to discover the life-changing secret buried inside.

***** This is absurdly addictive.
***** The greatest mystery the world has ever known.
- Curiosity Really Can Change Gaming Forever - Kotaku.com

Deep in the centre of the cube is something life-changingly amazing, but only the first person to reach the centre will discover whats inside.

***On your journey to the centre of the cube you shall discover many experiences...***

Join thousands of people in being part of a one-of-a-kind social experiment
Earn coins for chipping away at the cube and spend them on new destructive and playful tools to get to the centre of the cube faster. The more you chip away, the more powerful you become.
Enjoy the addictive nature of chipping away at the cube.
Make beautiful music just by interacting with the cube.
Experiment with creating text and pictures just by chipping shapes into the surface of the cube.
Watch the cube evolve as the worlds impact on the cubes surface changes over time.
Each layer of the cube holds something unique for the world to reveal.
How many cracks in the cube can you make in fast succession? Earn coins the longer you can last and compare your score with your friends.
Invite your friends to indulge their curiosity, compare your progress together, and find each other on the cube.
Relax to the very therapeutic activity and soundscape.
Experiment with various techniques. Everyone interacts with the cube in their own way!
Keep revisiting the cube over time to find new surprises.
This is the first of 22 experiments from the legendary designer Peter Molyneux.

Will the power of curiosity bring the world together?

Sanuku's comments:

11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
I wasted 18mb on this
Me too!

We have so much in common
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
This is not a game and seems pretty pointless as such. It is an interesting social experiment and I will want to follow that, but not to be part of it.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

11-06-2012, 01:26 AM
That's because ONLY 1 PERSON FROM AROUND THE WORLD WILL DISCOVER THE SECRET... Or so it says. Everyone else will end up with that game over message.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-06-2012, 01:31 AM
So wait, the 18MB thing is what you discover?

Also, how is the game played? Every player chips their own blocks, or is it s collective effort of all of humanity?
11-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
So wait, the 18MB thing is what you discover?

Also, how is the game played? Every player chips their own blocks, or is it s collective effort of all of humanity?
No, that was the result of his chipping away :P

It's a global effort to get to the centre of the cube, and one person gets to get to the core, while everyone else misses out.
11-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This is not a game and seems pretty pointless as such. It is an interesting social experiment and I will want to follow that, but not to be part of it.
Pretty much this,I think Molyneux needs a reality check,but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
11-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
That's because ONLY 1 PERSON FROM AROUND THE WORLD WILL DISCOVER THE SECRET... Or so it says. Everyone else will end up with that game over message.
Its done programmatically, basically the person that clicks on the last block in the last layer gets some link to a video

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
11-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Its done programmatically, basically the person that clicks on the last block in the last layer gets some link to a video
Which means somone playing the game over WiFi can never win? Also this means that a person who just freshly installed the game and chipped a single block can end up winning?

Screams pathetic to me.
11-06-2012, 03:50 AM
I downloaded it and started clicking away. I was the 2,237th person to install it about 2 hours ago. I'm interested at least to see how this plays out.

Playing: Bears vs Art, Devious Dungeon 2, Rad Boarding, Battle for Blood, Galactic Nemesis
11-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Number 6'634 reporting in for mind numbing chipping. I'll admit I am actually, err, curious. (Sorry).

Gamecentre ID - .P0tshot. Playing - Magic 2014, Battle Academy, Shadowrun, Warhammer Quest, Hearthstone, Space Hulk, FTL, Xcom Wanting - Cardhunter, Battleheart Legacy, Infinity Wars, Exiles: Far Colonies and someone please make iOS Blood Bowl!!