Favorite games during work/school? :D

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jjjmedia, Nov 6, 2012.

1. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm looking for some of your favorite games, old or new, that are easy to play during work/school, preferably games without a time penalty that don't require much attention to enjoy.

Basically, my job entails being on the phone all day, so in between calls, I need a fun distraction to get me through the day!

For example, at work I'm currently playing Fairway Solitaire, Chaos Rings 2, Cross Fingers, The Heist, Sword and Poker 2, and eBoy FixPix. I'll probably add Angry Birds Star Wars to that list this week!

Any suggestions?

2. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Some QuickFix games that I play during work/school: knights of pen and paper, jetpack joyride, bad piggies, punch quest, true skate, super crate box, 10000000, monster dash, temple run and mega worm. Game that I play the most at work/school would probably have to be knights of pen and paper, very good game !I recommend it :)

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I wouldnt recommend Temple run for school or work... I was at 12M once and almost brone my record, but then the teacher called me to read something and I died in the game. It was really frustrating lol.

Games that I play in school:
    - jetpack joyride
    - don't look back
    - plague Inc.
    - minesweeper classic 2
    - pocket god
    - run roo run
    - the heist
    - move the box
    - organ trail
    - McPixel
    - cat physics
    - fire busters

4. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Those are great suggestions! I'm thinking of more turn-based games, not necessarily RPGs but rather games where I can take a turn, then walk away for a bit like Dungeon Raid or Fairway Solitaire, not something I need to continually control like Jetpack Joyride or Temple Run.

Keep 'em coming!

5. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I will encourage your bad habit. The following list is composed of games I play when I still have to partly pay attention to the world in general. Most of them are board games and TCGs, though.

Cabals
    Carcassone
    Dominant Species
    Ingenious
    Junk Jack [in peaceful mode, mind]
    Khet
    King of Dragon Pass
    Shadow Era
    Ticket to Ride
    Titan HD

6. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    10,000,000 is a lot like dungeon raid and some may say, even better (; . Oh and a good turn based game is knights of pen an paper

7. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Most of the best Nimblebit games are great for playing during school or work. Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes and Pocket Frogs. I play these games a lot. :)