★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Super Monkey Ball vs 1112

11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Super Monkey Ball vs 1112

I am going to get itunes money, want either 1112(like mystery genre, however have heard it is short) or SMB(tried controls on friends device, difficult but i am getting used to them) also, if 1112 goes up to 10 bucks, is it still worth a purchase? thanks in advance
11-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLDROFHLA View Post
I am going to get itunes money, want either 1112(like mystery genre, however have heard it is short) or SMB(tried controls on friends device, difficult but i am getting used to them) also, if 1112 goes up to 10 bucks, is it still worth a purchase? thanks in advance
SMB ^_^

It's actually a really well made game. Don't worry about the complaints on the controls. It does take a little getting used to, but after a good hour or so, it'll feel like second nature, and you can really start enjoying the game. Not to mention 5 different worlds with 120 different levels =o Tons to keep you playing

11-30-2008, 05:22 PM
SMB..... full game!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
somebody who has 112 should speak up, I'm actually quite curious. I have SMB

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
11-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I plan to wait till 1112 Episode 2 comes out to see if they fix all the spelling and grammar problems currently in Episode 1. Also by then the price should be cheaper, as $8 for a game with no real replayabilty is a little steep especially if you can finish it in a few hours.
11-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
I don't think it is wise (or fair) to compare both game, they are absolutely not the same at all.

Speaking of re playability as the new holy grail and must have in every games, you can see the thing with another POV, I have a lot of game on my iphone (simplier game for the most part) that have a lot of re playability by design (most puzzle game actually) but it gets very repetitive and I have no interest playing them at all after a one hour session... You don't ask a movie director to have replayability in a movie...

My point is : It's all about what kind of games you like...

Depending on the taste of each gamer, some may play SMB for days loving each part of it, and some will put away the game after one or two level bored to death.

other will take their time playing 1112 without checking spoiler and look everywhere in the game to check for clues on what's going on, and play the game again to see it with a new angle, and other , will play 15 min wondering why the hell it's not full 3D with metal hard core music, and why there is no weapons or things to shoot at in the game

I think there is enough answers scattered amongst the forums and reviews to know what kind of player you really are

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
11-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Personally I hate SMB. The controls aren't difficult.. they're nearly impossible to use.. they destroy the gameplay during the harder levels IMHO.
11-30-2008, 06:07 PM
SMB has only 110 levels l33j0hn and chances are you won't be playing all of them. My advice is to buy both, that way you'll be the envy of your friends and you'll get more chicks/dudes (I think I've posted this before, oh well)...
11-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
I plan to wait till 1112 Episode 2 comes out to see if they fix all the spelling and grammar problems currently in Episode 1. Also by then the price should be cheaper, as $8 for a game with no real replayabilty is a little steep especially if you can finish it in a few hours.
spelling and grammar errors ?
wtf

i'll correct those errors if they give me that game, and future games, for free

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
11-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I agree with aghartastudio. I have both games and I love them both, but you can not really choose one over another. They are different types of games.
I'd get both if I were you. They are both great, though for different reasons.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}