★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spheric is FREE

06-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Spheric is FREE

I searched and surprised that there is no thread. I am not sure how to link to the store page or I would.

Anyone try this game? Spheric? There is no lite version and only 5 comments, but it was listed on the Games tab under What We're Playing. So someone at Apple likes it.
06-20-2009, 07:15 PM

http://appshopper.com/link/spheric

Spheric is played on a circular board. The goal in this game is to create matches on circles by lining up four or more spheres of the same color. In order to control the movement of spheres tilt your device to desired direction.

When you tilt your device the spheres move to the balanced position. If you make a match the matching spheres pop and score.

With special white-orange-red shaded spheres you can remove five more spheres.
With special rainbow colored spheres you can remove one randomly selected color from the board.

App Activity
Jun 18 Version 1.01
May 31 $2.99 -> $1.99
May 29 New App: $2.99, v1.0

----------

I'll pass cause i am not a fan of match 3 games

08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennfusion View Post
I searched and surprised that there is no thread. I am not sure how to link to the store page or I would.

Anyone try this game? Spheric? There is no lite version and only 5 comments, but it was listed on the Games tab under What We're Playing. So someone at Apple likes it.
I got promocode for this from http://💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩/ and well I like general idea of this game but I found it to be pretty hard to control. While controls and mechanics are out of the classic scheme of puzzle games, this has its darker side at gameplay, that isnt as smooth as in other puzzles. Basically while playing you are constantly battling with controls which may be good feature for someone and it is new experience, but for people who was expecting something like Zuma or other match X gems game from this will be disappointed. Spheric isnt bad game, it is just to Hardcore - you need skill and patience, which might be too much for some casual players. Especially if they expect Sphere to be relax puzzle game

Btw. check this video for gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThNvlbAVa-I

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I know for sure that a lite version is in work, because the dev told me so
It's really a cool game.

It was also made a bit easier at the beginning in the updated version, so people don't get frustrated to quick :-)
08-02-2009, 10:42 PM
I was playing this today, and it seemed that one balls got more that 1 row deep there was mo way to eve remove them. Can you have 4 balls, say 2 from the first row and 2 from the secod and if they are still, they will pop? It did not work for me, so I don't know how you get rid fo balls that are not in the row you are in. Also, it is very hard to contro where any ball is going unless you only have a few and are constantly making matcheswith those. I'll keep working with it, but I'm not sure if I just don't get it, or it is really difficult.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
ill try the lite version of this when it comes out
08-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I was playing this today, and it seemed that one balls got more that 1 row deep there was mo way to eve remove them. Can you have 4 balls, say 2 from the first row and 2 from the secod and if they are still, they will pop? It did not work for me, so I don't know how you get rid fo balls that are not in the row you are in. Also, it is very hard to contro where any ball is going unless you only have a few and are constantly making matcheswith those. I'll keep working with it, but I'm not sure if I just don't get it, or it is really difficult.
I played it a bit some weeks ago.

You have to group four or more in the same line.

It's very polished and the physics is good, like if it was a real box full of marbles. You have to tilt in order to open space for the next ball. However not any space, a space next to a ball of the same color. The goal is to match four or more...

The game is not easy and one error may cause you a lot of trouble. It's not easy to recover from a bad move. Well, the game has to end, right?

One thing that I thought would be nice is to tap anywhere to release the next ball instead the "Launch" red button (see screenshot above).

A good game.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
If your interested in a marble matching game with good physics and gameplay, I would look at Bopple. It's another marble matching game. There is a thread about it. I don't know how to add a link. Just thought I would mention it.
08-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiania View Post
If your interested in a marble matching game with good physics and gameplay, I would look at Bopple. It's another marble matching game. There is a thread about it. I don't know how to add a link. Just thought I would mention it.
...also take a look at Spin Star
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
It's now free!