★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Smiles and Smiles Drop On Sale, 1.2 en route

06-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Smiles and Smiles Drop On Sale, 1.2 en route

Howdy! Long time no post.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Smiles is on sale this Fathers Day weekend. Smiles is a collection of 2 great games. The patience game Smiles Zen, and arcade puzzle/matching game Smiles Drop.

The games feature 3 colorful themes (Weather, Vegetables, Blocks), 14 game modes (4 Zen, 10 Drop), High Scores, and over 140 Achievements between them.

The game has fared extremely well in the press, scoring many 5 and 4 star reviews. Even TouchArcade liked it.

And probably the biggest deal, Smiles was 1 of 3 iPhone finalist at the Independent Games Festival vying for the Best Mobile Game Award, along with other iPhone darlings such as Fieldrunners and Edge. Ultimately Fieldrunners took the award, but we (i.e. me) got to exhibit the game at the Game Developers Conference in San Fransisco back in March.

But despite all it's accolades and achievements, you've probably never heard of the game.

So is the... ahem... "fun" of the iPhone market.

Anyways, lets talk sale. This weekend you can grab the full game Smiles for the discounted price of $2.99. Or the special deal, the full Smiles Drop game for 99 cents. I'd encourage you to get Smiles, but Smiles Drop for a buck is quite a deal. Though I call it a 2 in 1, a number of reviews have considered Smiles to be a 3 in 1 game because of an included variation of Drop called Avalanche. Avalanche is included in both Smiles and Smiles Drop.

Smiles (Both games) - $4.99 -> On Sale $2.99

Smiles Zen - $2.99 -> On Sale $1.99
Smiles Drop - $2.99 -> On Sale $0.99 !!!

For more information you can visit the website: www.smiles-game.com

Or watch the video. The Zen demonstration shows up at about 1:18 in.

Youtube link | Pop Up

- - - - -

Next on the agenda, Smiles 1.2 and all it's variations have been submitted to Apple. It includes a number of minor 3.0 fixes. But notably, it includes a fix that improves the responsiveness of the touch controls. I received some e-mails about this a couple months back and regret that the fix wasn't added sooner, but it's there now.

Keep an eye out for the update in the coming weeks (no idea how long Apple's backlog is).

| Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike @ Twitter |

Smiles HD for Mac and iPad | Smiles for iPhone/iPod touch (Twitter, Website)
IGF Mobile "Best Game" Finalist | Intel "Elegance in Design" Winner
06-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I highly recommend Smiles Zen. Great game that puts smiles on your face. Though for the sale, buy both (Smiles) because it is a great deal.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

06-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree, just get the full Smiles. Best puzzle game on my phone.
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Definitely my favorite Match3 game ever. It really is a shame more people haven't seen the fun and enjoyment that is Smiles, both drop and zen are great.
06-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I've been waiting for an update . Smiles is officially the best Match 3 game.

I didn't know you were in iPhone Games Projects book - I ordered it !

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
06-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Went ahead and bought both games. Looks good.
06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Just to clarify, yes Smiles includes Avalanche. Think of Smiles as a bundle that includes everything in Smiles Zen and Smiles Drop.

Normally, Smiles is priced cheaper than buying Smiles Zen and Smiles Drop separately.

06-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
I didn't know you were in iPhone Games Projects book !
Yep. I've wanted to contribute to a book for a number of years now. I was contacted about the project late last year. 7 months later I now hold my copy, as the rest are on the way to stores (if not already there).