Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Hello

Would it be possible to just scale the existing version? A lot of the info would be tiny I realize but for me it would be totally worth it and I would promise to recommend to all my friends.
I am a developer too btw - this project has a lot of buzz around the office since I started showing it off =).
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
If by free, you mean the full version for free, then I doubt it as iPad boardgames tend not to do that.

You might have a higher probability of success asking for a promo code...
What I meant was a lite version
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hey lordgek, is there a tutorial video that you knw of for this game? Holy moly this is complex, lol. I think I will love it eventually, just need something a little more than the Manual.

Last edited by the9quad; 01-21-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Hey lordgek, is there a tutorial video that you knw of for this game? Holy moly tis is complex, lol. I think I will love it eventually, just need something a little more than the Manual.
Here is a detailed review of the actual board game with some gameplay:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here is a shorter review from BGG of the iOS version showing some gameplay:

Youtube link | Pop Up

There is also a whole series of videos on Phantom Leader by "A Lonesome Gamer". While potentially even more informative than the ones I've linked, they're really long, not shot that great, and our narator gets a little rambly, IMHO.

I'm still a bit lost as well but think I've learned a few things from my few feeble attempts so far:

-Flying a short campaign may NOT be the best way to try to learn the game right off as you're not likely to have any time to recover from a wasted mission.

-Those SO points are very scarce and may not be replenshable within a given campaign so use them sparingly. These things are truly a Sonic Screwdriver of this game! SO points can quickly promote pilots, help them recover quickly from stress, and give you access to some cool special ordinance among other nifty tricks. I think as a newbie myself, it was the proper budgeting of these points that really left me scratching my head as ll of the things they allowed sounded great but you need to really have a plan from the start of the campaign on how you're going to allocate them as there aren't nearly enough to go round.

-Make sure you primarily choose aircraft capable of holding ECM pods as these will greatly increase your chances of survival.

-Don't abuse that "Evade" option as it REALLY tires your pilots out.

-When playing through your initial runs get to know what each phase is for by following along with the game's handy in-game description of each phase as it comes up.

-I'm not sure if plaing in '65 is any easier since it both removes the possibility of bandits appearing (Good!) and reduces the number of jets you can bring on each mission by 2 (Bad!).
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks dawg
Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Enjoying this once I read the rules, they aren't that difficult( even though the game itself is). This game desperately needs a undo last move button, I have accidentally jettisoned weapons, or clicked the wrong thing just about every game I have played. Is a simple undo function too much to ask for in a solitaire game?

Then again maybe there is one and I am just too thick headed to see it, who knows.

Anyway well worth the $15, expanding my horizons and all that, Ya know.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Enjoying this once I read the rules, they aren't that difficult( even though the game itself is). This game desperately needs a undo last move button, I have accidentally jettisoned weapons, or clicked the wrong thing just about every game I have played. Is a simple undo function too much to ask for in a solitaire game?

Then again maybe there is one and I am just too thick headed to see it, who knows.

Anyway well worth the $15, expanding my horizons and all that, Ya know.
Still not getting the game: $15 is a bit harsh on me though...

I think, yup, it would have been nice to have an undo button also for, say Summoner's Wars, but on a second thought: where would be the fun go then?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Still not getting the game: $15 is a bit harsh on me though...

I think, yup, it would have been nice to have an undo button also for, say Summoner's Wars, but on a second thought: where would be the fun go then?
I sent the developer an email and he responded very quickly. Essentially it would be a lot of work to get a button in, and would take time away from other features he is planning on putting in. I respect that.

The game is really intense I love it.

Last edited by the9quad; 01-21-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM

For anyone looking for additional strategies BGG user Rookism has posted a detailed strategy report.

[url]http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/916562/ios-1967-rolling-thunder-long-campaign[/url]

Thanks again for your support of Phantom Leader.

Kevin
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by soofaloofa View Post
For anyone looking for additional strategies BGG user Rookism has posted a detailed strategy report.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/9165...-long-campaign

Thanks again for your support of Phantom Leader.

Kevin
Wow! This is JUST the thing us newbies could appreciate! Not just a case of do what I say, but a nice explanation of how best to utilize each of the pilots as well as how this guy handled the various target sites!