Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Default Sector Strike

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-15-2012 at 06:49 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

A free shmup with iPhone 5 screen support?
Thats interesting!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Hey thanks for posting about our game. It took 5 of us (devs and artists) about 6 months to make the game. We hope you all will check it out since its free! Please leave us feedback so we can improve the game.

Thanks!

Mark
Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapfoot View Post
Hey thanks for posting about our game. It took 5 of us (devs and artists) about 6 months to make the game. We hope you all will check it out since its free! Please leave us feedback so we can improve the game.

Thanks!

Mark
It's a pretty good game but I was disappointed as soon as I touched the screen and the ship disappeared beneath my finger tip. I have a very hard time getting into shmups that don't have relative touch controls, and I know many others feel the same. Any plans on implementing them? It would make this game infinitely better.

edit: After playing it a little while longer I can safely say this game would be pretty amazing if only it had relative touch controls. Please dev, for the love of god, add them in an update. I'm begging you.

Last edited by Grimstone82; 11-14-2012 at 06:11 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I don't like overhyped games and I LOVE me some shmup so for me this "sleeper" actually has been the most interesting release this week.

After playing for a while I can only agree, this game would be so crazily better if it had relative touch controls.

This has a lot going for it: First of all not a lot of shmups have iPhone 5 screen support. (the only ones I know of are Dodonpachi Maximum and Phoenix HD) The graphics are good and I actually like the fact that this is not a bullet hell style shooter (yes not every shmup fan just wants to play bullet hell shooters all the time).

This might sound weird but I REALLY wish this wasn't a "free" game 'cause I would pay good money for a decent shmup with iPhone 5 support. Well at least I haven't hit a paywall yet.

/edit: Nevermind, unless there is a way to earn energy in game I just hit the paywall. I wish this was paid so I wouldn't have to bother with this dual currency crap. Like I said there is def a market for shmups so I don't think I would be the only one paying good money for this.

Last edited by Chiller ONE; 11-14-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

I like it so far...

Things that should get added as soon as possible:
  • Universal Build
  • Virtual Joystick
  • A Story Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Nevermind, unless there is a way to earn energy in game I just hit the paywall. I wish this was paid so I wouldn't have to bother with this dual currency crap. Like I said there is def a market for shmups so I don't think I would be the only one paying good money for this.
You are indeed able to earn the Energy Container too but very slowly. From Time to time you are getting a very few one after you have finished a Mission. I think starting with Mission Six/Seven you should see appear them on the Battlefield and able to pick those up.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-17-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
Ias soon as I touched the screen and the ship disappeared beneath my finger tip. I have a very hard time getting into shmups that don't have relative touch controls
Arrrgh its crazy its not relative touch. Seen too many games where your finger basically covers the ship, cant believe games get released like that.

Love the look of the game, nice Gradius feel to it, but the controls have to be relative touch, just no fun when your finger is covering your ship.

Really nice graphics, but pleaseeeeee add relative touch as without decent controls it ruins the game sadly. With relative controls 5/5, without 2/5
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm in sector 15 (I think) and I finally got an energy container! Either their drop chance is very low or I must have missed them earlier.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Thanks for the feedback guys!

To answer a few questions:

1) Energy cubes will be a lot more abundant after Sector 15. This was a game balancing decision (we didn't want people to buy consumables so early on otherwise they would be overpowered).

2) We're debating whether or not to add relative touch controls. Other than not being able to see your ship, is there anything else that relative touch controls improve in the game?

Last edited by clapfoot; 11-15-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapfoot View Post
2) We're debating whether or not to add relative touch controls. Other than not being able to see your ship, is there anything else that relative touch controls improve in the game?
Adding relative touch usually doesn't improve on anything else, aside from being able to see your ship. But being able to see your ship is important in a shmup. =P

Some people also like having "scaling" for touch controls to move ship. ie: A 2x scaling could mean every inch you move your finger, your ship moves 2 inches. It helps reduce the amount of long distance swiping on devices such as ipads.