Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Cool. I enjoyed the first Chop Chop Ninja back when it was out, and am definitely interested in this sequel.

Of course, I am curious about the IAP currency and how the balance is.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Can I play it now wow this is kick ass
It is definitely kick ass, I know I work at the company and all... but seriously. I played it. The game is awesome. The team put a lot of work into it, and it shows.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Cool. I enjoyed the first Chop Chop Ninja back when it was out, and am definitely interested in this sequel.

Of course, I am curious about the IAP currency and how the balance is.
I think the main focus of our team is we want people to be able to actually play the game we worked so hard to make. So I believe the balance is quite fair, and you can still enjoy being a ninja. Still, we're always open to feedback, so we're curious to see what you all have to say about it.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

I HATE IAP currencies, i.e. the typical buy gems for $$$ schemes, and I generally just delete apps like that once I hit the pay wall. Apps that have IAP with game expansions, i.e. new levels/campaigns, extra features and such, those I tend to consider buying if I like the game, because they don't feel as manipulative or abusive.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
I HATE IAP currencies, i.e. the typical buy gems for $$$ schemes, and I generally just delete apps like that once I hit the pay wall. Apps that have IAP with game expansions, i.e. new levels/campaigns, extra features and such, those I tend to consider buying if I like the game, because they don't feel as manipulative or abusive.
I have seen freemium done wrong, and it's not pretty. I think there is a way to get it right though. For starters, if your goal is to have as many people enjoy a fundamentally GOOD GAME, then I think you're on the right track... Your goal shouldn't be to get them addicted to something without any substance whatsoever.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Dear dev,is Ice Canyon(update to Chop Chop Caveman) coming?I read on your facebook page that you are working on it a few months ago. But there haven't been any news in a while...
Old 11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Sweet! How much will this cost?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Since the game's free, I will download it when available and reserve my judgement until then, but the fact the the dev has clearly dodged most of the IAP concerns voiced thus far (and only indirectly responded to one) while going out of his way to address every other question, does not bode well for mine at this point.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Since the game's free, I will download it when available and reserve my judgement until then, but the fact the the dev has clearly dodged most of the IAP concerns voiced thus far (and only indirectly responded to one) while going out of his way to address every other question, does not bode well for mine at this point.
It was the end of my day, so I was heading home... But I will definitely answer any questions you have about the system. There was concerns about the balance, and I answered that our main priority is that our players enjoy our game, so we made sure the balance was fair. Well be updating the game with new levels, missions and items every 4 weeks, and these new levels will be free. Throw any question at me about the game, and I'll be more than happy to answer! And also, I'm a her, not a him.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
We worked hard to make sure the iAPs and freemium is balanced and fair. Like I said before, we will have new levels, missions and campaigns updated regularly, but those will also be free! We are open to criticism though, so if there's something you don't like, or you feel is restrictive, please let us know once you play it!