Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 PM

As a big fan of Sumo Hoppers, I do have a couple of suggestions for future updates:

- Add advanced controls option, which makes the player in control of the angle and amount of stretch of the leg, perhaps changing angle by dragging the finger around the button that's already there?
- Add replay feature.
- Add level editor, maybe.
- Add wind feature.
- Add speed control.
- Add ability to change player's colors.

Oops, I realize now this would make the game identical to ... Sumo Hoppers. Oh, well.
But honestly, I LOVE the game in its current state, the simplicity makes it beautiful. One button games are perfect fit for touch screens.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivoi View Post
slamraman, that's great to hear! How did your kids like it? Did the beat you?

Exact-Psience, nice! That's excactly what makes Wrestle Jump so special for me too! Glad you like it!
My eldest beat me (once) but I beat my youngest. They both love it and were laughing alot. It really is good. Random but not random. Good old fashioned fun.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yup... multiplayer is all fun and games, imma challenge everyone i meet. LOL.

On the downside, I HAVE NEVER BEATEN THE BLACK WRESTLER. Not once... In 23 games. Yes, i counted.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Argh noooo damn my iPod 4g everyone talking about this and It sounds cool and involves physics and wrestlers. Everything I like in a game . Can't wait to actually play it.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redegard View Post
As a big fan of Sumo Hoppers, I do have a couple of suggestions for future updates:

- Add advanced controls option, which makes the player in control of the angle and amount of stretch of the leg, perhaps changing angle by dragging the finger around the button that's already there?
- Add replay feature.
- Add level editor, maybe.
- Add wind feature.
- Add speed control.
- Add ability to change player's colors.

Oops, I realize now this would make the game identical to ... Sumo Hoppers. Oh, well.
But honestly, I LOVE the game in its current state, the simplicity makes it beautiful. One button games are perfect fit for touch screens.
And suddenly I remembered something I always thought was missing from Sumo Hoppers: a FOUR-player mode. Imagine two more dudes, upside down on top of the existing ones, with legs pointing upwards. Would control pefectly well I guess, simply add two more buttons. How about that?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Redegard, those are all good ideas A few of them I've already implemented tested on Wrestle Jump and might end up in some of the upcoming versions of the game. The four player mode sounds so ridiculous that I think I'll make a quick test version it just for the heck of it That'd be a totally different game then, though

slamraman, that's so cool to hear that your boys like the game too!

Exact-Psience, as for the Black wrestler - I still lose to him like 50% of the time and I've been playing the game for like 2 months now… Some kind of a difficulty option might be implemented in the future. Hopefully you'll beat him too someday

oooooomonkey, the problems with iPod 4g most probably have something to do with its relatively low RAM. Wrestle Jump's textures are so large (and there's quite a few of them) that the devices memory runs out. I might have to reduce the texture sizes on iPod 4g. I'll get back to you next week with a test build! I'm pretty much off the grid this weekend so I can't do much work on the game then. Thanks again for helping me out!

In the first update of Wrestle Jump there's probably just going to be the iPod 4g fix, a few more levels and some minor performance optimizations so I can get the update out as quickly as possible!

Last edited by oivoi; 11-07-2012 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: typos, again
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivoi View Post
Redegard, those are all good ideas A few of them I've already implemented tested on Wrestle Jump and might end up in some of the upcoming versions of the game. The four player mode sounds so ridiculous that I think I'll make a quick test version it just for the heck of it That'd be a totally different game then, though

slamraman, that's so cool to hear that your boys like the game too!

Exact-Psience, as for the Black wrestler - I still lose to him like 50% of the time and I've been playing the game for like 2 months now… Some kind of a difficulty option might be implemented in the future. Hopefully you'll beat him too someday

oooooomonkey, the problems with iPod 4g most probably have something to do with its relatively low RAM. Wrestle Jump's textures are so large (and there's quite a few of them) that the devices memory runs out. I might have to reduce the texture sizes on iPod 4g. I'll get back to you next week with a test build! I'm pretty much off the grid this weekend so I can't do much work on the game then. Thanks again for helping me out!

In the first update of Wrestle Jump there's probably just going to be the iPod 4g fix, a few more levels and some minor performance optimizations so I can get the update out as quickly as possible!
Sounds great, more levels would be nice. As a matter of fact, a idea worth looking into would perhaps be randomized levels. Either the level structure itself, the terrain, or simply added stuff like creates etc., which could be placed randomly on the levels to make each arena fresh.
The possibilities, the possibilities!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

@oivoi does this game run well on the iPod Touch 3G? I see there are issues with the 4G so I'm a bit hesitant... Looks great!

Last edited by veecheech; 11-08-2012 at 01:36 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecheech View Post
@oivoi does this game run well on the iPod Touch 3G? I see there are issues with the 4G so I'm a bit hesitant... Looks great!
It probably won't even let you download it onto a 3G.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Redegard, adding random game objects (such as those crates you mentioned) on the levels sounds brilliant. I'll do some tests on that, thanks! And "tack so mycket" for the positive review on the swedish app store!

veecheech & Gabrien, as Gabrien mentioned Wrestle Jump cannot be downloaded onto iPod Touch 3g for now. iPod Touch 4g support will be added soon, though.