Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivoi View Post
Redegard, adding random game objects (such as those crates you mentioned) on the levels sounds brilliant. I'll do some tests on that, thanks! And "tack so mycket" for the positive review on the swedish app store!

veecheech & Gabrien, as Gabrien mentioned Wrestle Jump cannot be downloaded onto iPod Touch 3g for now. iPod Touch 4g support will be added soon, though.
You're welcome. I did it because you finnish guys are also responsible for Liero, another DOS favorite of mine.

I agree on your point that a four player mode will turn it into something else completely. That's two different ways to go - a good game-as-it-is, without many options to change the gameplay, or something really deep and customizable.
You could of course have a "simple" game mode, and then a seperate "custom game" mode where the fun stuff begins.
Nah, but you get my point. Moi Mokulat!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Redegard, yeah I get your point I think I'm going to keep the game really simple for now as I think it's a part of its charm. But some more gameplay changing options will be featured in the next versions.

And I'm glad to tell you guys that the iPod Touch 4th generation problems are solved now! Thanks to oooooomonkey for testing the test builds! The update containing the fix (among other small tweaks) will be submitted to App Store within 24 hours.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just have to come and express my love for this game, since getting my iPod4G 2 years ago there's only been 4 games so far that have earned a permanent place on my device because of there crazy physics based gameplay. (Super trick snowboarder, puncho fighto, fight drunk 3D and stair dismount) and now Wrestle jump.
The gameplay is so simple, just one button to kick out your leg and it works so well. While the single player is great for a quick pick up n play game It really comes to life in multiplayer (same device) you both have one button on either side of the screen and you just have to hit the other persons head into the ground or wall to score a point.
The graphics are really nice and crisp with bright colours.
Don't know what else to say its just good fun to play.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for all the kind words oooooomonkey! I'm so glad you enjoy the game!

I'm happy to announce that Wrestle Jump can now be played in your web browser, too! Full version, for free! Grab a friend and try it out on Kongregate's website:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/oivoi/wrestle-jump !

Last edited by oivoi; 11-09-2012 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: bolded a few words
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Otto (can I call you that?), is there any chance you'd consider adding an online multiplayer mode like I mentioned in an earlier post? I'd love to be able to whoop Gabrien's ass left, right and center in some Wrestle Jump.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Otto (can I call you that?), is there any chance you'd consider adding an online multiplayer mode like I mentioned in an earlier post? I'd love to be able to whoop Gabrien's ass left, right and center in some Wrestle Jump.
Yes, online multiplayer mode is something I'm considering for future projects - maybe even Wrestle Jump! But in the near future Wrestle Jump is probalby just going to get more levels, some minor tweaks and Game Center achievements. And yea, Otto is my name
Old 11-15-2012, 01:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

What an awesome game. Really simple controls, yet the gameplay gets never boring. And I agree with the previous comments: more content + 4 player mode!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

How is it possible that a simple game like this can be so much fun xD i played single-player and enjoyed it a lot. Yesterday I've played it with a friend and after a few seconds he said that this is a great game can't wait for GC-Achievements. And an online GC-multiplayer would be perfect.. even as a IAP, I will buy it without a second thought!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
How is it possible that a simple game like this can be so much fun xD i played single-player and enjoyed it a lot. Yesterday I've played it with a friend and after a few seconds he said that this is a great game
Yeah, honestly I still don't get it. I don't think I've ever come across an app that is so enticing despite how simple it is. Even after playing this every day for over a week, it still feels like every time I play it is the first time. Such a great, great game.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Woot! It now works on ipod4G!
(I've been playing the beta version for the past week)