★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Name That Tune! is now OUT

06-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Name That Tune! is now OUT

A new game is now OUT called "Name That Tune!". Utilizes your own iPod library for the game.

First of all, it's FREE. There are many other games called "Music Quiz" and "Music IQ", etc out on the store already but they are NOT free. Do not buy them. All of the features in those games will be in Name That Tune!

Secondly, it's the first version. If there are ANY features you'd like to eventually see, please add a review so I can include those. I'll be putting out new updates with new features once every two weeks. The next update will have MANY new features (read the app description for details).

Again, don't buy any other music quiz game, get Name That Tune! It's FREE!

Find it in the Music (Free) category: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319839965&mt=8

Ethan

Last edited by ethanwa; 06-20-2009 at 11:47 PM.
06-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Looks like a fun app, I personally wouldn't buy it just because I'm not a huge fan of such titles, but I'll definitelly give it a try for free.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

06-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Time to get in touch... with my musical self.

Yeah, that's me
06-21-2009, 12:53 AM
We should be paid to use this app. Soooo flawed in so many ways.

This isn't like the music quiz on the 5th gen iPod.
You have 10 whole seconds to guess the song's name.
After the ten seconds, you type in the name. I had a song that had 01 in the beginning of it, so I got it wrong.
THE WORST PART IS, you can double tap the home button and it shows the song playing. You don't even need to think now, it just gives you the answer. How terribly terrible.

Sorry Ethan, but ideleted it immediately after.

back

Last edited by The Bat Outta Hell; 06-21-2009 at 12:58 AM.
06-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
We should be paid to use this app. Soooo flawed in so many ways.

This isn't like the music quiz on the 5th gen iPod.
You have 10 whole seconds to guess the song's name.
After the ten seconds, you type in the name. I had a song that had 01 in the beginning of it, so I got it wrong.
THE WORST PART IS, you can double tap the home button and it shows the song playing. You don't even need to think now, it just gives you the answer. How terribly terrible.
A Multiple Choice option like the music quiz game for the iPod will be in an update in the next week and a half. So don't worry about that, the app will vastly improve in less than two weeks.

As for the double tap to see what song is playing, there is nothing I can do about that. Apple does not let me control that function of the device. You're just going to have to make sure you don't cheat.

Ethan
06-21-2009, 01:02 AM
That's a huge bummer that you can't change the double tap, but understandable. I'll have new impressions then next week =/

back
06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
The next version will be submitted for review tomorrow
06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Heh, without the "double tap" thing, I had some fun with it. More features soon?

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, multiple choice (like the original iPod music quiz) is an absolute necessity. Besides problems for those who don't keep their tags groomed, I also listen to a lot of stuff that has remixes, so I'd have to get the full song name and remix name correct -- and if there are any featured artists in the song name, there's another problem.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-21-2009, 09:36 PM
a had a couple of crash problems where the app would crash and the song would keep playing....

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ