Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 PM

First Impressions: Seems like a lot of fun so far. It's not punch quest, and it really has very few similarities imo
Old 11-08-2012, 12:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I am enjoying the heck out of this one! Yet again it must be stated that this is an example of how I personally feel IAP can be done right! The game is a blast, it never seems to keep certain things from the player which makes me more apropos to throw money at it as I did! Coined doubler and coin pack to show my appreciation to the developers. I am one of those that hate IAP currency models but lately with this and games like Punch Quest, I have been eating a little bit of crow! I look forward to the inevitable updates!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I am enjoying the heck out of this one! Yet again it must be stated that this is an example of how I personally feel IAP can be done right! The game is a blast, it never seems to keep certain things from the player which makes me more apropos to throw money at it as I did! Coined doubler and coin pack to show my appreciation to the developers. I am one of those that hate IAP currency models but lately with this and games like Punch Quest, I have been eating a little bit of crow! I look forward to the inevitable updates!
Chillingo appreciates your contribution and will be sure to only put it towards "good" IAP in the future!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This game is AWESOME. Action shooter fans, download IMMEDIATELY.

A few initial suggestions...

I would like to see one thing added right off the bat: Auto Aim. This would enable your character to shoot enemies on the bottom platform while you are on the edges of the top platform. It would also allow you to lock on while performing a jump so you could shoot the enemies without them being in your sightline. Apocalypse Max did this very well, and at the very least could be an option here.

Is it possible to remove certain weapons you do not want to use from the weapon pool so they do not appear in the game? If you buy a weapon that you don't like there should be a way to disable it. If this is already available then I did not notice it.

It would also be nice to find coins within crates and other objects that could be destroyed, instead of them being dispersed throughout the level. Adding breakables makes the environment more interactive as well.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 11-08-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 AM

definitely agree with adding the following features:

- the option to remove weapons from the weapon pool

- auto aim at all times (at least as an option)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well i've been away so i've been late on last nights games. Finally downloaded them

Storm the Train i love ! 'Contra' on a train ! Great stuff.

Only played the first few missions but plays really well, happy to buy an IAP as a 'thanks' to the dev. I wont buy anymore as i want this game to be challenging (sure it is) as i'll be playing this one a lot.

But totally my ideal type of game, left/right controls, jump/fire, looking forward to playing this one a lot.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys and thanks also for the suggestions for auto-aim, deselectable weapons and more destructible coin-belchers in the environment - all good ideas. We'll add them to our list for when we do the next update. 1.1 will be submitted quite soon (some rather exiting new additions in there ) so any of these would be in for 1.2. We do intend updating regularly.

@nao no, there is a third environment too, Oriental (ninja, samurai) and that is unlocked by completing a mission at around the 20 star mark.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Really don't know what some folks in this thread are on about. This game is about as IAP-driven as they come. Superfluous dual currency, huge reward imbalance with clear intent to force the player to pay up or grind, sharp difficulty spikes along with insulting (unskippable) prompts after each death to pay up for another life. Did I miss anything? Yes, the game itself is pretty cool, but let's not confuse issues please.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well for many of us we've only played the first few levels, so far havent had to buy anything. Perhaps later if we do have to buy things we'll criticise it.

So far so good though for me personally. If shortly i'm 'forced' to buy an expensive IAP then believe me i'll moan. But first impressions (as many people post on game threads) have been good.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really don't know what some folks in this thread are on about. This game is about as IAP-driven as they come. Superfluous dual currency, huge reward imbalance with clear intent to force the player to pay up or grind, sharp difficulty spikes along with insulting (unskippable) prompts after each death to pay up for another life. Did I miss anything? Yes, the game itself is pretty cool, but let's not confuse issues please.
Hi Gabrien

Sorry to hear you don't like our IAP strategy. I thought I'd try to address your points.

Superfluous dual currency: I don't think I'd call the stars a currency really. Yes, you can buy them (to jump ahead of the curve) but you never spend them. They are our mechanism for unlocking content as you play through the game and are similar to a level/xp mechanic.

Huge reward imbalance: we tried very hard to make sure this wasn't the case as it is really important to us that it is *not* grindy. Have we got it all right? No, probably not so any specific feedback would be very welcome because we want to sort it out.

Sharp difficulty spike: again, if there are balance issues then we're here to fix them.

New life prompt: hmm, I never thought of it as a pestering prompt. We tried to make sure that the cost was cheap enough that it is well within the amount of coins likely collected during a pretty swift play session and the prompt is only up for 3 seconds. We'll give this some thought - skippability is certainly a good idea.

Last edited by LeeH; 11-08-2012 at 05:52 AM..