Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Boo...

You are right, I bought this thinking I could play I solo and maybe once in a while play some online, but alas there seems to be no option for solo play despite the description implying otherwise! Hopefully the devs can come on here and clear this one up...
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Boo...

You are right, I bought this thinking I could play I solo and maybe once in a while play some online, but alas there seems to be no option for solo play despite the description implying otherwise! Hopefully the devs can come on here and clear this one up...
I'll hold out hope that they will update with a single player option,because the core game mechanic seems really cool. But versus play just isn't my thing
Old 11-08-2012, 12:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I assumed there was solo play, guess I will try multi at some point.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

So, is this different from Poker Pals?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Default Game Impressions

Aw man, I'm dissapointed I bought this. I figured it would be a simple match 3 puzzle game with poker rules, but instead its like they just did a face lift of any of the Zynga multiplayer games (i.e. Scramble, gems with friends).
It has the typical choose three powerups before this round, and hooray you can also buy virtual coins to get more powerups.

Verdict: uninspired
Old 11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Really glad I came here first. No solo no buy. That's a pretty misleading description. Hopfully the devs can clear this up or change the description
Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The fortunate thing is that aside from the lack of single player, the game is actually fun. I just don't want to play this type of game (or most like it) online exclusively. I would not have purchased it if the game description wasn't misleading, or in this case straight wrong. I'll hold out hope that this was a blunder fixed with a patch...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Without solo/single player, I won't be buying. I play games as a break on my own... I don't much care for multiplayer games.

That's disappointing, because this game looks really cool. Here's hoping they patch it, but soon... before we all forget about it.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Default Single Player added!

Hi All,

Sorry to mislead you into thinking the original version of the app had a single player component. In fact, the game was originally designed as a turn-based game without a single player mode.

Our publishing partners accidentally misspoke about a versus computer component, but in doing so we found that many of you are interested in a single player mode. So...

We've added a single-player mode! It's a light-weight rendition without high-score recording, but it's the best we could do in the short notice and given our constraints (without having to resubmit the app).

What we've done is added a "Single Player" entry into everyone's game list. You have access to all 3 rounds and power-ups, and, best of all, can play to your hearts content. It's accessible for both Facebook and Guest accounts. You will have to be connected to the internet (before starting and after finishing a round) for the game to function.

Please give the game another shot and let us know what you think. Please keep in mind it's a light weight single player mode, but if enough interest develops, we can potentially explore a long-term solution.

Thank you for your support and sorry for any confusion!

Best,
PlayThis! Team

Last edited by PlayThis; 11-08-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayThis View Post
Hi All,

Sorry to mislead you into thinking the original version of the app had a single player component. In fact, the game was originally designed as a turn-based game without a single player mode.

Our publishing partners accidentally misspoke about a versus computer component, but in doing so we found that many of you are interested in a single player mode. So...

We've added a single-player mode! It's a light-weight rendition without high-score recording, but it's the best we could do in the short notice and given our constraints (without having to resubmit the app).

What we've done is added a "Single Player" entry into everyone's game list. You have access to all 3 rounds and power-ups, and, best of all, can play to your hearts content. It's accessible for both Facebook and Guest accounts. You will have to be connected to the internet (before starting and after finishing a round) for the game to function.

Please give the game another shot and let us know what you think. Please keep in mind it's a light weight single player mode, but if enough interest develops, we can potentially explore a long-term solution.

Thank you for your support and sorry for any confusion!

Best,
PlayThis! Team

Appreciate you addressing is, I'll definitely tryout single player