Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckithroe View Post
Your "the dev time on an IOS" title and the royalty comments don't hold water sir. I am a software engineer that has worked with some pretty well known organizations and source code is source code. Asphalt 7 for example originally released for IOS was ported to the Vita to help make some extra bucks but the core engine source will remain un touched in this scenario. I'm not pro IAP or not for that matter but to say that MUCH less dev time goes into developing a quality IOS game is just un-informed nonsense. These developers are spending hundreds and in some cases thousands of hours on a game which sells for 2 dollars in the app store. Many do it for fun (once) then move on when they realize the profits aren't there. On contract I average anywhere from 80 to 200 dollars an hour for my time when doing architecture design or implementations it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the return on the IOS games Isn't making sense for a lot of these smaller outfits.. Again wasn't here to argue or say IAPs are great (or that they are the devil) just simply stating that it should be enjoyed because under no circumstance will this ecosystem last.
I have a feeling it will last. For better or for worse.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

I sure hope your right. This platform has been the best gaming experience for me since the PC golden era.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Not available in my country yet (Belize).

Please hurry!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

so there are game center achievements or wha?
instabuy and a half even if it's $3 for 3 hours..
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Good game so far, decent graphics, sound, controls. I like how you see hints of our modern civilization in the ruins as you explore. Compliments the story in that fashion.

To be honest, any comparisons to the early dungeon hunters aren't accurate in my opinion. This game has as much similarity to the dungeon hunters as any hack'n'slash has to any other hack'n'slash. This game mechanically feels more like bastion. No rpg exp leveling elements to speak of, instead we have various abilities and whatnot that we level up with the purple currency found throughout the stages.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
so there are game center achievements or wha?
instabuy and a half even if it's $3 for 3 hours..
Achievements, yep.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This thread is weird, first 2 pages of instabuys, then 8 pages of appstore pricepoints.

Anyone recommend the game for us on the sidelines? Is it funner than orc vengeance if that game also had virtual controls which it will soon?

And don't see an answer of if there are any other game modes/side quests to add more gameplay time?

And is there relay value? And is the time to solve 2-3 hrs for the typical players? Curious if a lot of you will solve this tonight after you purchase it. Thxs.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
To anyone that played this, how is the joy stick option? Any good?
I'd say its good...as good as a virtual d-pad can be replicated on a touchscreen. My only one grouse of that the hero moves too slowly.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^Yes the vstick is fantastic. The movespeed is a bit too slow, but i think it's a good speed that doesnt make the game feel like a button-mash brawler. The map design well compliments this movespeed by having lots of twists and turns and not so huge battle grounds. I do think he moves slow, but it isnt unbearable, and the speed works fine in traversing the game.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:13 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
I'd say its good...as good as a virtual d-pad can be replicated on a touchscreen. My only one grouse of that the hero moves too slowly.
Thank you defred34 and Psience, finally got some feedback. I appreciate both of your feedback!