★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Aerox ($1.99 -> FREE)

11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Aerox ($1.99 -> FREE)

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Love the aesthetic. Will have to check it out. Thanks

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.

11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Great ball roller! Grab it now!
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
looks interesting. gonna give this a try. thanks for the heads up!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Saw a review in the appstore by SyntheticVoid...apparently this game was updated woth klip rewards (ads) even for paid users. If you already own this game, don't update.
11-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Played this some last night. I didn't notice ads being too obtrusive. For free, if done right, ads I guess are ok. The Devs need to make money and since they can't figure out how to get grassroots support and build up from there ... well... it's a revenue stream.

Anyway I played the game sitting up and it worked pretty well. The camera swings around the ball though which is kind of strange. They have a lock camera button though that lets you freeze which direction it's going. This seemed to help since tilting controls seem disorienting when dealing with corners and stuff. In the end during the second level I realized this wasn't really worth my time. It's basically a Monkey Ball kind of deal of racing through a level to the end and the controls when laying down just fell apart. So, I deleted it.

I know this is someones livelihood and I don't like being negative about this stuff but really as polished as the graphics are and the level designs seem to be, the controls were just too much of a mess with the way the camera moves. Then comes the whole point of the game and it's been done so many other times that I just don't really want to play it. Though honestly I'm not a huge fan of tilting to get a ball to a destination type of gamer anyway... so maybe I'm just an isolated case of someone that the game just isn't going to reach.
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Saw a review in the appstore by SyntheticVoid...apparently this game was updated woth klip rewards (ads) even for paid users. If you already own this game, don't update.
yeah, i posted this in the main thread, but I'll post it here too... it looks like Kiip has reworked how their integration works, and I haven't come across any sort of pop ups or ads while playing this after the update. I didn't have it installed before the update... though I did purchase the game when it first game out...

ran great on my 2nd gen touch BTW... =oP

Anywho... it's a great ball roller... one that everyone should get if they don't have yet.
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, i posted this in the main thread, but I'll post it here too... it looks like Kiip has reworked how their integration works, and I haven't come across any sort of pop ups or ads while playing this after the update. I didn't have it installed before the update... though I did purchase the game when it first game out...

ran great on my 2nd gen touch BTW... =oP

Anywho... it's a great ball roller... one that everyone should get if they don't have yet.
Now I now, with your competingly massive (competing with my game collection), that an ipod touch 2 can't be your main device. Anyway, I just got Klip **** from another game. I would say klip doesn't bother me, as they pop up after achievements, if it weren't for my nagging suspicion that klip attempts to data-mine your phone.

...I do like the aesthetic of the visuals, though. Gonna give it a try after I check the file size.

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-08-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typos from iphone
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Reminds me of the ball rolling in metroid prime, God that game was good.
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Now I now, with your competingly massive (competin with me game collection, that an ipod touch 2 can't be your main device. Anyway, I just got Klip **** from another game. I would say klip doesn't bother me, as they pop up after achievements, if it weren't for my nagging suspicion that klip attempts to data-mine your phone.

...I do like the aesthetic of the visuals, though. Gonna give it a try after I check the file size.
Ha, no... But I had a 2nd gen when this game was released...

I can't really comment on the data mining... But there's no slowdown whatsoever, so if it is sending data, the Kiip Devs have done a great job optimizing/hiding it. =oP

The last time Kiip screwed me was with Blue Libra, and after contacting the Dev and letting him know how bad the implementation was, he removed it. I was also contacted by the Kiip PR guy, who wasn't very happy, but who did listen to all of my concerns. It's great seeing that it's changed, at least within Aerox. If other games have added it, I usually instantly deleted them... So I'm not sure if in other titles it's still obtrusive and pushy as all hell.

Anywho... I've changed my iTunes review as well... And I hope Kiip keeps this type of integration in the future. The Devs also stated that there was supposed to be an option to disable Kiip but that it was mistakingly left out of this update and will be included in the next one... So there's that too.