Ios 6.0.1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pka4916, Nov 8, 2012.

1. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Not sure where to complain lol...

I went from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 today on my Ipad, and I got scared from the Itunes store...
    That darn thing got a completely different look....
    After a meltdown, I tried finding the option to just show "New Games"
    ordered by Date...

Seems like that's completely gone...
    I can go to New Worthy games, and that's it...
    no more Dates, No more Sorting option by release date...
    wtf??
    Please tell me that it's hidden orso...
    Anyone ??

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    We complained about this when 6 hit and indie devlopers where you been?

3. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Lol... I just came out of my cave..

I was ignoring the whole update.... but now I got the Ipad4
    it has the 6.0.0/6.0.1 on it. (my ipad3 still had 5.0.1 on it).
    I felt that I had to go back to my cave..
    Guess I can use my ipad3 to see when the games are there, and with the 4 download.... :mad:

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    As long as appshopper and touch arcade apps are installed your good they help ALOT

5. Went from ios 6.0 to 6.0.1 on my new ipad, framerates on most games went up a little. So ios 6.0.1 is well worth it, and i highly recommend updating to it for framerate purposes.

6. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    But there are a lot of new games out everytime, that are not even mentiod here or Appshopper..
    Not everyone likes the same type of games :)

I like puzzle games, a la Color by numbers type of puzzles, and nothing is mentiod for there on TA.
    Already complained to Apple... not that it's gonna help any though..
    But I really miss that "NEW" button..

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I like all sorts of games puzzle RPG whatever not big on racing but I like NFS. But yea do miss the button

8. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    This is what I got back...
    They are such a great help...... NOT

Dear pka4916,

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Customer Support. This is Diana, glad to be of your service.

I understand that you're unable to locate the option to view all new applications. I know how disappointing this situation had caused in your end. Let me provide you the recommendation that may help to resolve the issue.

pka, for this type of concern, it is now time for me to totally refer you to our technical team as they can further provide a better resolution for you. I apologize if this time, I cannot provide assistance as I am not technically trained. Resolving the issue is very important to me, that is why I will be asking you to seek assistance with AppleCare technical team. Again, here is the number:

AppleCare Technical Team
    1-800-275-2273

A technical Advisor will be able to tell you about Apple's complimentary and fee-based support. The technical Advisor can also assist you in determining what option might be most helpful to you in this case.

Monti, it would be best to contact our AppleCare technical support team so you can be assisted accordingly because they are the trained experts that handles these types of issues.

You can get lots of useful information on our iPad support pages, which are packed with instructions to help you use iPad and resolve issues:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad

In Apple's public discussion forums you can read questions and answers provided by experienced users. You can also post questions of your own. Click the iPad folder on the Apple Support Communities webpage:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/ipad

For this issue, you may need to call our AppleCare technical support team. A technical Advisor will be able to tell you about Apple's complimentary and fee-based support. The technical Advisor can also assist you in determining what option might be most helpful to you in this case. To find the appropriate phone number, please visit:

Contacting Apple for support and service
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

Another option is to describe your issue on our website. After you have described the issue on our website, you can arrange for an Apple Advisor to call you. You can receive a phone call now or you can make an appointment to have an Apple Advisor call you at a more convenient time. To explore this option, please visit Express Lane:

https://expresslane.apple.com/

Certain Express Lane Support options are only free during your Apple hardware product's complimentary support period or with an AppleCare Protection Plan.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in our limitations as iTunes Store advisor. If you have questions regarding on your iTunes Store account. Please do not hesitate to let me know. Also, you may update me if issue has been resolved.

Take care, and please know we wish you only the best.

Sincerely,

Diana
    iTunes Store Customer Support/Mac App

Please Note: I work Tues to Sat-, 9PM-6AM CT

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Product : iTunes Store
    Support Subject : Other iTunes Store Topics
    Sub Issue : no new option
    GCRM Case ID : 370865594
    See additional info below
    Choose the iTunes Store or App Store for your country: United States
    Item title:
    Order number:
    Details:
    I updated ths ios on my Ipad3 to 6.0.1 (from 5.1.1)
    but not happy with the itunes store...
    Where did the option go to see ALL the NEW Apps for Games etc ??????
    I can't search for anything... always keep getting the same layout..
    Can't sort, can't see the dates, can't see the new ones.
    This is really 10 steps backwards...
    Where did the option go to show all the "NEW" items ??????

Thanks

Perry

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Appshopper shows everything, but only if you use the tab that shows everything. There are two tabs for showing apps. One is just popular stuff. The other is everything.