★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zookeeper DX Touch Edition is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

11-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Zookeeper DX Touch Edition is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

The iOS port of the wildly popular DS game is free for the first time since release in June 2011.

Last edited by AnarKitty; 11-08-2012 at 12:12 AM.
11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
This is one of the few games I've bought (at $0.99) that has gone free since I've been into iOS (just this year since I got my 4S). If you are a fan of the DS version, or just like match 3 style games where you rotate two side by side pieces to make am match) then this is a no brainer. Get it while it's free. I'm just guessing here but I think they dropped it because they patched it up and want more reviews. Even if you don't like these games, this may be the one that changes your mind as on the DS this is what got me interested in the genre.
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Absolutely loved it on DS, but on iOS I prefer Piyo Blocks 2

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
11-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
Absolutely loved it on DS, but on iOS I prefer Piyo Blocks 2
I looked up Piyo Blocks 2... looks like the same kind of game.

But $0.99 and this one is currently free. And since I loved the DS version so much I admit part of my love of the iOS version is hearing those old familiar sound effects and music again as well as seeing the familiar tiles. So the nostalgia factor is kind of a nice thing.

Still, if PB2 ever goes free I'll give it a shot. It looks pretty cool with the fruits and other stuff.
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I looked up Piyo Blocks 2... looks like the same kind of game.

But $0.99 and this one is currently free. And since I loved the DS version so much I admit part of my love of the iOS version is hearing those old familiar sound effects and music again as well as seeing the familiar tiles. So the nostalgia factor is kind of a nice thing.

Still, if PB2 ever goes free I'll give it a shot. It looks pretty cool with the fruits and other stuff.
The non-HD version of PB2 goes free from time to time, def. put it on your wishlist! Even though it's really worth it's price, the gamemodes are darn fun.
I am just underwhelmed from this Zookeeper version

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me