★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Quantum Collapse vs. Warfare Incorporated - What to get now, will get both eventually

06-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Quantum Collapse vs. Warfare Incorporated - What to get now, will get both eventually

I'm a huge RTS fan. I hear these are the two definitive iphone RTS games. I'll get both games eventually. But which is the better game to show off my iPhone for now.

I do care about graphics and polish, as well as gameplay. But people seem to be complaining about the graphics of both games. I can't tell from the screenshots or videos which game looks better.

I was going to start with Quantum Collapse, but then I saw that Warfare Inc. has a lot more downloads/reviews and won some awards and what not so I wasn't sure which is the more polished game. Is Warfare the more mainstream game. Is it more polished, if so I'll get that and then get Quantum Collapse when that gets an update.

Also, has Warfare Inc. ever gone on sale before that you know of. It's at $5 right now. If it has gone on sale before, I'll just get it when the next sale for it drops.

Feel free to PM me if you have negative impressions about either game and didn't want to post them here. Thank you so much.

One thing that disappoints me is that game's icon shows the name as... Quan...lapse, which seems very ugly. I hope the devs fix it as promised.

Last edited by wikoogle; 06-21-2009 at 01:55 PM.
06-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikoogle View Post
I'm a huge RTS fan. I hear these are the two definitive iphone RTS games. I'll get both games eventually. But which is the better game to show off my iPhone for now.

I do care about graphics and polish, as well as gameplay. But people seem to be complaining about the graphics of both games. I can't tell from the screenshots or videos which game looks better.

I was going to start with Quantum Collapse, but then I saw that Warfare Inc. has a lot more downloads/reviews and won some awards and what not so I wasn't sure which is the more polished game. Is Warfare the more mainstream game. Is it more polished, if so I'll get that and then get Quantum Collapse when that gets an update.

Also, has Warfare Inc. ever gone on sale before that you know of. It's at $5 right now. If it has gone on sale before, I'll just get it when the next sale for it drops.

Feel free to PM me if you have negative impressions about either game and didn't want to post them here. Thank you so much.

One thing that disappoints me is that game's icon shows the name as... Quan...lapse, which seems very ugly. I hope the devs fix it as promised.

Quantum Collapse is the best. The developer is always working hard to fix anything that goes wrong with it. I love it, oh, and by the way, the developer is giong to fix that label problem so don't worry! Quantum Collapse is the winner for me.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.

06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
plus its getting skirmish mode soon which will add a lot of gameplay. There are tonnes of options to vary the game

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I personally like Warfare inc. a lot better.

-Graphics are better
-Controls are better
-Pretty lengthy campaign mode
-Has a ton of extra Add-On Mission Packs to download Free!!!

really the only things i would add for Warfare Inc. would be online multi player, Additional Races with Hero's, Skirmish.

I have Quantum Collapse as well and after playing it a while i am going to wait for an update because the game feels incomplete at the moment though it is fun and i don't regret purchasing it at all.
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Warfare INC has never been on sale. I really like it, though I've never tried Quantum Collapse.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Command and Conquer Red Alert... when it comes out that is.

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
Command and Conquer Red Alert... when it comes out that is.
Yeah, just another 6 months and 10 days......

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
I say go for Quantum Collapse because I have tested it and trust me the dev needs to make some money because if he doesn't he might have to give up on multiplayer so it's you guys that will decide if you want it or not by how much he gets. Also the graphics on Quantum Collapse is more polish and the update will give it a skirmish and multi player(hopefully) and we might see some new units too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
06-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I hope people support both games -- both games are very fun -- but of the two at the moment, Warfare Inc is better IMO. I've played many, many hours on WI, and find it to be a very well made, very playable, very enjoyable game. The controls are fantastic and really make great use of the iphone interface.

Quantum Collapse is fun as well, but the unit movement needs to be updated I think. The units run into things, run into each other much too often, and frequently seem to bounce around when they get near where you are trying to send them. Since you have to use gatherers to build with, this can be a problem if you're trying to build quickly but can't get the gatherers where they need to be. You also have to space buildings out far too much, and trying to fine tune the position of a gatherer (which not only bounce around and push each other around but also seem to get tethered to nearby buildings) so the game will allow you to build (when in fact there is plenty of room for the new building) while in a hurry can be far more of a challenge than it should be. One nice thing about WI is you can concentrate on your strategy because the controls will make it easy to do what you want to do. In QC, you can't always do what you want to do because you have to fight the controls a bit. The shooting and lighting affects in QC are brilliant, though, I like the air ships (and their physics,) and really like the spells and abilities.

In truth, I don't regret buying either game and I hope a lot of people buy both. Both developers deserve the support. Some people have complained that WI has gone too long without an update, but that hasn't bothered me at all since WI was a finished, well polished game to begin with. QC needs some updates, but again I have no regrets buying it and have gotten my money's worth as is.

As for the name of QC on the icon -- I'm surprised how many people that seems to bother. It hasn't bothered me in the slightest. It has no affect on gameplay what-so-ever, and I hope people don't allow it to affect their purchasing decision. For the people who do care, the developer has said he will change it, but in the meantime, the game is still very playable and fun.\

So ya, they're only a few bucks apiece. Get both, support both developers.
06-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't really know what will happen with QC. But the skirmish patch including several improvements people from the forum asked has been submitted to apple.

I will also release a lite version sometime soon, and after that i'm done with the game unless some miracle happens and it starts selling more than a few copies a day. I mean... Stragea kicked my ass in sales, 'nuff said i'm very done with iPhone dev.

But to answer your question, go for QC. The greatest advantage it has over WI is that it has hours of very varied gameplay, every level is different in lots of ways. In contrast with WI where once you play for 30 minutes you've seen everything it has to offer. They are both great RTS games though.

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 06-21-2009 at 04:22 PM.