★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sniper Strike ($1.99) Universal -> FREE

12-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Sniper Strike ($1.99) Universal -> FREE

Give it a shot. 1.4 million downloads and counting!
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM

Adding appinfo=all to original post to see the description
12-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Is it worth my... er... time? Average rating has it locked in at 2.5/5 stars with over 2000 ratings.
12-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes it is.

A lot of those ratings were left in 2009 when the game hit #3 in the overall free list. I was so excited that I pushed out an update without fully testing it and that caused it to break. The game's now been through almost 20 updates in 3 yrs and it's pretty solid now. Give it a shot.
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlue View Post
Yes it is.

A lot of those ratings were left in 2009 when the game hit #3 in the overall free list. I was so excited that I pushed out an update without fully testing it and that caused it to break. The game's now been through almost 20 updates in 3 yrs and it's pretty solid now. Give it a shot.
Well, game concept is fun and the game has a lot of potential.

Some quick comments. Arcade is misspelled in the title screen.

Default settings for controls should be left handed on and inverted on. This is how most people would play I think with their right hand as eye movement and left hand as button fire. Also the default non invert is like a flight sim, kind of weird, better inverted so it plays like a first person shooter.

Some of my shots do not seem to be picking up, maybe hit radius needs to be bigger?

The game crashes sometimes on my new ipad ios 6.0.1.

Seems like this game has a lot of potential, and I think it is worth the time to download to try out. But there are some issues that could be rectified to make it even better.
12-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

That's embarrassing. I miss spelled Arcade. I'll get that fixed in the next update.

re: controls
Thanks for that. I haven't been keeping up w/ FPS trends. I'll look to get that in while preserving old settings if players have already changed it.

re: hit radius
Is it the head shots? Any particular direction when the guy is moving (lower left, upper right, etc)?

If you don't mind sending me crash reports, I'd be very interested in seeing them. Please email me at admin@donomagames.com.

Thanks for playing and coming back to leave feedback! I appreciate it.