★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rockmate (music app) -> Free

11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Rockmate (music app) -> Free

Don't think I saw this posted...looks good.


11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Ya have to admit, those wittle bitty stomp pedals look cute!

11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,963
Fun little music-making app.

Wife, daughter and I sit around and play with it from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
looks like many will start a band now! hope they expand it alittle; bigger drum set etc


Last edited by mrbiggles; 11-08-2012 at 05:48 PM.
11-08-2012, 07:19 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
OK, Imma just going to bump this because a)this subforum has been filling up with everything that goes free, regardless of quality, and b) I installed this on my GF's iPad about an hour ago, and we've been having a blast. Kinda like Rockband without scoring pressure. If Rockband had a jam-out mode.

I've been trying to play drums and guitar at the same while she plays the keyboard...not easy considering they are on opposite sides.

EDIT: I was actually trying to play drums and keyboard at the same time, with gf on strings.

I think we're ready to drop a hit.

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-08-2012 at 08:45 PM.
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
OK, Imma just going to bump this because a)this subforum has been filling up with everything that goes free, regardless of quality, and ...
Others have commented on it. Frankly, this subforum is bordering on pointless some days. It often takes 5 minutes of sifting through crap to find anything even worth considering, as opposed to a few months ago...

Meh, whaddayagonnado?

DBC

I could never give up.
11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Others have commented on it. Frankly, this subforum is bordering on pointless some days. It often takes 5 minutes of sifting through crap to find anything even worth considering, as opposed to a few months ago...

Meh, whaddayagonnado?

DBC
I try to only post the following kinds of freebies:

Game has gotten a lot of attention on TA.
I've tried the app and it's awesome.
It's a premium app that hasn't been free for 6 months or longer...
It strikes me as particularly interesting.
It's by really small dev team.

Btw, someone did post that Shellrazor's free, right?
11-08-2012, 10:31 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I try to only post the following kinds of freebies:

Game has gotten a lot of attention on TA.
I've tried the app and it's awesome.
It's a premium app that hasn't been free for 6 months or longer...
It strikes me as particularly interesting.
It's by really small dev team.

Btw, someone did post that Shellrazor's free, right?
Yes they did. Got it.

I think a lot of people are ignoring the "must have" in the must have freebies, and hone in on post count or something. I have to admit to doing that some when I was a TA newbie a few years ago. Still, there are only few names that I trust in the freebie section - yours is one of them.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 11-08-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Changed days to years
11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
...

I think a lot of people are ignoring the "must have" in the must have freebies, and hone in on post count or something. I have to admit to doing that some when I was a TA newbie a few days ago. Still, there are only few names that I trust in the freebie section - yours is one of them.
^This,^ but mostly ^This^

DBC

I could never give up.
11-08-2012, 11:05 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
^This,^ but mostly ^This^

DBC
Thanks! Unfortunately, I think I might have had a role in this mess. I think there are a few members who think we're in a competion here :/