★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Hidden Park (GPS 'adventure game') - Anyone heard/played it?

06-21-2009, 05:42 PM
The Hidden Park (GPS 'adventure game') - Anyone heard/played it?

Did a search on the forums and site about The Hidden Park and found nothing about it. I stumbled across their official site here: http://www.thehiddenpark.com/

iTunes: Link

It's a game that uses your iPhone's GPS to locate where you are in a park. The game gives the player specific instructions to do things at that location. It'll tell you to go to a certain spot and take a photo (characters in the game will appear on screen in the photo) or to go to another area to play a game or accomplish a task. It's meant for kids to go on little adventures in the park with the aid of this little guide. Apparently this only works in a limited number of parks (9 parks from what I can tell). While that REALLY limits how many people will actually buy it I think it's an extremely cool concept.

Don't suppose anyone out there has played it, eh? Or lives near one of those 9 parks? I'm just curious on how well it works. If I had a kid and live near one of those parks I'd be stoked to give it a shot.

The parks are:

North American

* Central Park, New York
* Boston Common, Boston
* High Park, Toronto

European Media

* Kensington Gardens, London
* Englischer Garten, Munich

Asia Pacific Media

* Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne
* Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney
* Botanic and Zoological Gardens, Hong Kong
* Ueno Park, Tokyo

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-21-2009, 05:47 PM
That sounds really cool for little kids. Would also be keen to hear from people who have tried this. Unfortunately don't live near any of the current parks listed so couldn't try it even if I wanted to.
06-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Wow, they included High Park. I used to live around there. Too bad I don't have any kids.

Neat concept anyway. Kind of like digital geocaching for kids.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko