★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Swipe the Deck By Chillingo Ltd, 99c --> FREE!

11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,866
Swipe the Deck By Chillingo Ltd, 99c --> FREE!




New game by Chillingo, but getting mixed reviews in the forums. Just gone free:

"*** LAUNCH SALE ***
Incredibly we are giving the game away FREE, for a short while, because we want as many people as possible to Swipe The Deck!"
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,866

11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
#3
Not a bad game, definitely worth checking out for free.
11-11-2012, 04:19 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Wow I know why this free so fast.... I just tried it and its rubbish. Facebook login and a poor type of dungeon raid game to go with it. Deleted and good riddance
11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,654
Does it actually require a Facebook login to play the game itself? If so, that was a waste of my time, geez.
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Does it actually require a Facebook login to play the game itself? If so, that was a waste of my time, geez.
No you can play as a guest aswell

Game Center: sink_or_swim
11-11-2012, 06:41 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: ohio
Posts: 611
I'm amazed this went free so quickly. Must be a record for chillingo.

I didn't buy this game and I'm glad I didn't. Matching poker hands isn't a bad idea for a game, but this doesn't work out very well.
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by indalico View Post
I'm amazed this went free so quickly. Must be a record for chillingo.

I didn't buy this game and I'm glad I didn't. Matching poker hands isn't a bad idea for a game, but this doesn't work out very well.
Agreed. The whole thing having to sign in as a guest - makes no sense for single player, and something is just missing from the fun factor. Many other "blitz" type games are good, but this one just does not cut it for me. Too bad, as the concept seems good.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
01-24-2013, 04:12 PM
#9
This is no longer published by chillingo is no longer called swipe the deck in the us either, it has been re-released so get it while it is still free.

It's Now called Swipe the Deck! and is published by Ender's fund inc. It is temporarily free. So sick of this crap btw.
01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
This is no longer published by chillingo is no longer called swipe the deck in the us either, it has been re-released so get it while it is still free.

It's Now called Swipe the Deck! and is published by Ender's fund inc. It is temporarily free. So sick of this crap btw.
Agreed. Wven if another publisher takes an app over and gives it a "grace period" for previous purchasers to download, the odds of me finding out about it are pretty low.

Frankly it makes me VERY wary to spend any money on the appstore. I have hundreds, maybe thousands of apps that have vanished from the appstore. Worse, Apple can't at least leave up a description in itunes so I can figure out what is what. And they pull updates also when apps are pulled, meaning I'm often left with a lot of apps on my PC that I never updated.

I don't update all because some apps are ruined though updates, besides, it would take forever. ITunes won't go over 346 updates listed; I know I have a couple thousand.