App description: Fight your way through an infected Biolab in this Jump'n'Run. Use your Plasma Gun to shoot everything that moves! There are 3 levels to explore and 6 types of enemies to fight.

Be sure to you use your headphones to enjoy the pumping soundtrack and massive sound effects.

dalbertson's comments:
Looks amazing, can't download it right now but will definitely try it out later.

04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Looks nice. I might give it a go later, but then again, I just got League of Evil and Robot wants Kitty, and have yet to start either.

04-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Seeing the post, I tried the first two levels and enjoyed it. The controls do obscure the play area a bit, but are otherwise functional. It's got checkpoints and for the more casual platformer, it counts the number of deaths upon level completion instead of giving you a fixed number of lives to complete the level.

While the game does support multitasking, the one fatal flaw I see is that when I killed the game from the multitasking bar to fully exit it, upon starting the game again I was back at level 1 and could only press a button to start. There was no level select.

Hopefully there will be a full version released at some point with more than the listed 3 levels in this version, and with a resume or level select option.

Edit: Then again, looking at the impactjs.com web site, it's also possible this is intended more as a demo of the Impact Game Engine and level editor they are selling.

Last edited by clzander; 04-26-2011 at 09:11 AM.
04-26-2011, 09:34 AM
This gets quite a lot right. Nice little touches graphically and plays pretty well. As already mentioned the controls obscure you a little at times but could be easily sorted.

Lots of potential... be nice to see it developed into a full on game.

Designer//Illustrator//Gamer
www.treasurestudio.co.uk
04-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Totally agree with what's been said before; the controls are a tad on the large side and do obscure the game a little, but the level design and gameplay are both really nice. How do we get in touch with the devs to ask about a full version?

Edit: Doing it now

Last edited by steviebwoy; 04-26-2011 at 09:53 AM.
04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah - its only a three level demo of sorts but I thought it was great. I'd be willing to spend some bucks on a full fledged version that had additional environments, enemies (aliens with jetpacks maybe for example), bosses, etc.

I was sad to see the end credits roll...
04-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I tried it, and while it was moderately fun, it suffered from tremendous slowdown in an iPod 2G whenever particles were moving on screen.

Asides from that, it's a decent retro-styled platformer/shooter.
04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Quite a bit of info on the devs site...

http://playbiolab.com/
http://www.phoboslab.org/

Dominic Szablewski – mail@phoboslab.org

As already mentioned it looks like the devs main push is the sale of his html5 engine. Interesting stuff on there tho... be great to see this game pushed further!

Designer//Illustrator//Gamer
www.treasurestudio.co.uk
04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Wow!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
04-26-2011, 02:28 PM
The game is extremely short (3 levels, takes less than 5 minutes to finish). It's a fun waste of a few minutes.