★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket Battle - $.99

06-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Pocket Battle - $.99

I just saw this game and I didn't see any other thread about it.

I'ts only $.99 and the name itself got me interested, so i decided to TOFTT.

This is actually a pretty fun game. It is a strategy game but it also has some rpg elements. It starts with a game board with some bags of money on it, and depending which map you choose has some rocks which are barriers.

You are facing an opposing army and you have a certain amount of gold. and you send units out in a line and try to get them to reach the other teams end to deal damage to the player. There are many lines on each map to send the units so this adds to the strategy of what unit to counter what, and what you think will make it the whole way.

There are about 7 or 8 different units you can use, however I only have the first 3 unlocked. Swordsman, Bowman, and Knight. Other units include flying units, cannons, and wizards.

The goal of the game is to use your money (which you only get so much, and don't get it back) to destroy your enemy.

The rpg elements come in here. I'm not sure how to unlock the other units, but I have unlocked some other maps, of which there are 5 and they get progressivley harder. Your units level up (although i'm not sure how exacly) and this seems to be a permanent thing between battles, as my knights are now level 4 and the rest of my units are still level 1.

This game is similar in gameplay to Warlords - Call to Arms. A free flash game.

Overall I would say for $.99 this game is worth it because of the added replayability with the rpg elements.

(sorry no link, if someone else could post it I would appreciate it)

Games I'm Playing: Doom Classic, Red Conquest!, Battle for Wesnoth, Land Air Sea Warfare (my favorite rts, buy it today!)
06-22-2009, 11:56 AM
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319923520&mt=8

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Pocket Battle. There you go.

10chars
06-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Haha well we got 3 links to it now

Games I'm Playing: Doom Classic, Red Conquest!, Battle for Wesnoth, Land Air Sea Warfare (my favorite rts, buy it today!)
06-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Umm, sounds like Pocket War to me
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
looks like the closest thing to warlords for my idevice.
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
so many 'pocket' games recently
06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
So has anybody else got a verdict on this one? The graphics haven't swayed me but it sounds like the gameplay is ok....
06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah I agree.

I think with some polish this could be a really good game.

Right now the graphics are a little rough and could use some ironing out. But I really do like the idea and how it plays out.

I JUST GOTTA UNLOCK ALL THE OTHER UNITS!

I did however get the flying unit. He flys around the map shooting everything with arrows. He won't damage the enemy player but he will continuously fly around the map essentially harrassing the enemy units, until they put out some bowmen to shoot it down.

If you get a couple of these out you can considerably weaken the enemy forces before they reach your troops.