Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZaGame View Post
hey everyone, thanks for the comments!

as for the over world and dungeons, it will be tile based, we haven't come to a conclusion on how to "move" yet, we are leaning towards points of interest system used in Dragon Island as people seemed to like it based on user reviews. to be honest, we are not big fans of virtual dpads...
To be honest I would prefer d-pad movement over the movement in dragon island blue. I feel like if you use the same movement you used in dragon island blue the games will be too similiar and there-by making a different version of dragon island blue rather than making a different game. I would prefer the d-pad movement. Just my opinion though
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I agree I'd prefer real movement instead of the point and click of dragon island. For me it didn't really feel like you were exploring anything just jumping from location to location.

Love the new art style though. I totally prefer the cartoon look over the real look of dragon island.

Edit: you don't need a virtual pad that's visable it could be done similar to how "sword of fargoal" does it.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:59 AM

I MUCH prefer the touch movement as in Dragon Island Blue. And I'm not a fan of the virtual d-pad either. Also, something you'd lose with a d-pad is the ability to quickly move from one side of the map to the other when you've already explored around it. Best to take advantage of the touch nature of the device.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I figure that the virtual D-pad would offer more exploration for those who seek it in a Pokemon game. The Point and Click kind of narrows down to only gameplay-wise.

I prefer D-pads, but just because I used to be core Pokemon-fan
Old 11-23-2012, 03:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Now this is my kind of beta.... Vast games = vast feedback

Pm sent
Old 11-23-2012, 06:09 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
I MUCH prefer the touch movement as in Dragon Island Blue. And I'm not a fan of the virtual d-pad either. Also, something you'd lose with a d-pad is the ability to quickly move from one side of the map to the other when you've already explored around it. Best to take advantage of the touch nature of the device.
You can always have fast travel
Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Not sure if I would rather tap to move or have a D-pad. I have to say it's grown on me to tap to move. I think that either way you make it I'll be happy since I'm sure its going to be a great game.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyz2000 View Post
You can always have fast travel
You could for travelling between maps, but not when choosing different spots for monster hunting nor exploring a dungeon. The dungeon would be particularly tedious, considering how many branches there usually are.

The feature I'd REALLY like to see added is better monster management; specifically sorting options (e.g. by element, time to evolution, etc.) and associated filters.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I would also be interested in beta testing. on the point of movement while i like d-pad movements others do not and im not a huge fan of dragon island's movement but it wasn't too bad. I personally think you could do some sort of d-pad in which its not stationary but appears where you touch and disappears when you aren't touching.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandboxx View Post
To be honest I would prefer d-pad movement over the movement in dragon island blue. I feel like if you use the same movement you used in dragon island blue the games will be too similiar and there-by making a different version of dragon island blue rather than making a different game. I would prefer the d-pad movement. Just my opinion though
Agreed.

The DIB move style is weird.... He doesn't go through doors and it looks kinda sloppy. (But great game besides that. :P) I would much prefer a walking animation if you do the DIB style of movement, as well as them going through doors vs. jumping over walls. It will look way more polished I think. :3

I'd love to beta test this new one when you guys get there! Looks awesome with the early concepts.