Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceAvion View Post
Are you still accepting beta testers? I'm using an iPod Touch 4G if that matters.
They hasn't asked for any yet. Keep an eye for a test early next year.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

How about a draw a path control. You draw the path and then watch your character walk it and if your within x distance of an enemy he would come attack you. I like having the enemy approach you, it would make choke points less limted, could be a wide open field instead of forcing someone onto a bridge or narrow canyon.

Also will enemies/bosses be visible on the map?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

1) map will be in the same style as early FF and Dragon Quest games.
2) after reading your comments, we feel the current destination touch with improved animation will be sufficient. we can revisit this if it doesn't feel "free" enough. If we make the encounter to happen while walking to the destination it will add some excitement?

3) We need help with story. We have nothing so far. You guys have any ideas for a general concept of the story? One idea we have, player gets trapped in a game world, and needs to do xxx in order to go back..is this lame city?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZaGame View Post
2) after reading your comments, we feel the current destination touch with improved animation will be sufficient. we can revisit this if it doesn't feel "free" enough. If we make the encounter to happen while walking to the destination it will add some excitement?

3) We need help with story. We have nothing so far. You guys have any ideas for a general concept of the story? One idea we have, player gets trapped in a game world, and needs to do xxx in order to go back..is this lame city?
Numbers 1 and 2 sound perfect to me. I grew up slaving over the FF.

Here's my shot at the storyline:
I like your idea, but it seems a bit one dimensional. It needs some twists, some character/personal development. Say early in your journey you meet a princess or prince(depending on your selection of male or female player) and you learn this land was just over run by an oppressive country which has stationed cruel rulers in each major city to execute their law. You see an opportunity to save this land and make a friend which could possibly help you return home. Fall in love and/or just save a land, on your long road home.

Storyline two(comedy plot)
Maybe as you fall into in this new game you just happen to land in bed with the queen, who I might add is quite pleased you've joined her The king then discovers you and his wife and assumes you've been plotting to steal his wife and kill him to take his throne. Naturally he sends his guards to kill you but you escape and vow to return for vengeance. Long story short, you find a land full of backwards evil rulers in each city and eventually oust them all. Then when the time comes you confront the king. You then defeat him, marry his daughter and RULE THE WORLD! Who needs to return home when you own a new one?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZaGame View Post

Appreciate your choice of Map, sounds excellent pokemoning while going through FF style maps.

The current story sounds a bit like FF tactics for DS, but anyhow, i dont think that's a very .. replayable story, I mean, if the main character make it back to the real world, well.. what's the point of training up all the monsters/something? making the motivation leaving the fantasy world won't do, i think.

there are several alternatives, i guess

The "Classic": You just moved to this new place, time to explore it, kick some bad guy's butt, catch em all, beat the best of the best, go on to explore the world somemore, yada yada yada, this seems to works so well because it can be easily expanded on

The "Chosen One": Whoo, the protagonist is the chosen one! the person will now have to live up to the prophercy, run around, collect monsters and battle, save the world from some ultimate evil or impending doom caused by a specially powerful monster, or something, and then after this is over they can roam around and do stuff and you guys maybe able to update with quests and such.

The "I went to the academy and now I can battle with monsters": this plot was used in the Pokemon Ranger series and the iOS Zenform games, so you guys probably wont want it, but it's another one on the table i guess. This is another one that sounds like it would be great in episodes, as you can keep adding more quests and story plot every month or so and keep your players playing

.... wait a minute.
Hunter Island? Trapped in video game world? Have someone been reading HunterXHunter? in the manga , the Hunters teleport themselves into the game ( Greed Island ) in order to finish it and make it out of the game. If this is a coincident, that's pretty awesome, and if you are looking for some plot ideas, maybe you should start reading that.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

In regards to the story, I have an idea:

Give the player a reason to want to go back, and give them the freedom to decide that for themselves.

Allow me to explain: The player is trapped in the game world as per the setup, but with a twist: the player still exists in the "real" world, and continues to behave as if everything is alright, and the player can see themselves in the "real" world at save points or key points in the story arc (an A.I. system could be generated that alters some basic "real" world behaviors based on choices your character makes at key points in the story or on certain actions the player makes in the "game" world, which you can view at the save points). There is also another twist: the player has no direct control of themselves in the "real" world, and the "game" world slowly starts to spill over into the "real" world ala Digimon, if you've seen the latter half of that show's story arc. So not only does the player want to go "home", but they also want to "bring balance" to the two worlds and return everything to normal.... Or do they?

This concept can be played with: you know those "good/evil" measurement bars in most games? Well, have "jerk/shy", "bossy/pushover", "knowledgeable/ignorant", "heroic/coward", insert-any-other-duality, etc..., as many as you want, and have it all factor into the "real" world events, and have different endings based on the final result. I'm not sure the player even needs to see the measurements of these things; it could be more organic simply to put the player in the dark with regards to this idea, and let them organically "reap what they sow", so to speak. Beginning "alignments" could be determined by a questionnaire at the beginning of the game, possibly during character setup. Heck, you could disguise the questionnaire via a scripted sequence similar to Dragon Quest 3 for the Famicom (or Dragon Warrior 3 for the Gameboy Advance if you're from America), just for a starting idea.

This could work in your favor, especially if the main character is established to be ten-to-sixteen years old, which could create some interesting scenarios in both the "game" world and the "real" world. If you would like, I can PM you devs some sample "events" that could happen based on this system... probably in about 3 weeks or so, though (COLLEGE FINALS & PROJECTS ZOMG!). Let me know if you're interested ^_^

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Aaaaaand PM sent!

*collapses from stress of Engineering finals*
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

interesting I always waiting for a game like pokemon on iphone !!

and for the story the ordinary search for the strongest one still good with this kind of game, or maybe like pokemon, there is an evil organization that plotting to take over the world.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Sounds awesome! would love to test, have previous experience. Email : kanoki_kara@yahoo.com
Old 12-24-2012, 06:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

So, how's the game coming along? Can't wait to see what progress you guys have made