★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: NightmareHD (Unreal engine) - (by XiangHui Kou)

11-13-2012, 07:19 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
NightmareHD (Unreal engine) - (by XiangHui Kou)

There's also a lite version to try out the game. I just can't find a video at the moment.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-14-2012 at 02:23 AM.
11-13-2012, 07:36 AM
this looks good,also good thing there is lite version

11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I'll give the lite version a try and if its GOOD I'll buy it.Apprehension theres only one review that states it crashes,we'll see

Last edited by Biggavelli; 11-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.
11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I just can't find a video at the moment.
I`m on it.
11-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Tried the lite version, and I think most people wouldn't even call this a game.
Battles are 100% scripted, and all you do is swipe in the direction of the arrow indicators. It's basically one big quick-time event. And to make it worse, your swipes do not affect combat whatsoever. Play or not, it still shows the same scripted combat. However, if you don't maintain a high enough accuracy, the show stops.

Apart from the combat graphics, the menu screens are atrocious.

Fail.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Battles are 100% scripted, and all you do is swipe in the direction of the arrow indicators. It's basically one big quick-time event. And to make it worse, your swipes do not affect combat whatsoever. Play or not, it still shows the same scripted combat. However, if you don't maintain a high enough accuracy, the show stops.

Fail.
You got farther than me, but the fail was evident in what I saw before it crashed to springboard on a 5G touch. I'm also skeptical those screenshots are from an iOS rendering because nothing I saw was anywhere close to that level of graphics.

Game Center : "Chip H."
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
You got farther than me, but the fail was evident in what I saw before it crashed to springboard on a 5G touch. I'm also skeptical those screenshots are from an iOS rendering because nothing I saw was anywhere close to that level of graphics.
The screenshots are more or less accurate. #2 is right from the first battle. The problem is that it is entirely scripted. You have no control over the fight. It's essentially a pretty tech demo with a bad swipe/timing minigame overlayed.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
The screenshots are more or less accurate. #2 is right from the first battle.
I was referring the level of aliasing present in the rendering on my device. Those pics above are beautifully anti-aliased.

Game Center : "Chip H."
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Do foreign developers ever have a native English speaker proofread their AppStore description? Ridiculous. That is always a big red flag for games.
11-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:

Fail.
So my apprehension was for good reason...Thanks