★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Quarrel Deluxe will be free later tonight.

11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Quarrel Deluxe will be free later tonight.

I've had this game on my iphone for the better part of a year, and, IMO, it's one of the best word games available on ios. It conbines a Risk-like conquering element with traditional anagram solving, and throws in a lot of neat tricks along the way. Only 2 problems: no multiplayer, and the dictionary used is somewhat ridiculous in scope (supposedly it's the Scrabble dictionary) and the A.I. Isn't afraid to use it. There are also new puzzles each day.

11-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks Greyskull for always keeping us informed and all! Haha, get my joke?

11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Thanks Greyskull for always keeping us informed and all! Haha, get my joke?
Err...no. You aren't being sarcastic, are ya? Don't worry, I know you're not. But whatever joke was there went -wooosh-.

Seriously though, this game is ranked 4th on my ios word game list, after Puzzlejuice, Befuddled, and Spelltower.
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Great find! I agree one of the best word games out there. A must when it's free.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
11-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow. I don't recall hearing about this game before. Thanks for the post. Looks like something I might enjoy.
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
With how great this game is and all I just can't understand the lack of an attempt to add wifi multiplayer. This is one of those games that feels like it's meant to have it. I don't understand? Maybe they haven't made enough money or they've moved on or stopped? That would suck though. I think if quarrel DX had online MP it would be selling a ton more..
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I've had this game on my iphone for the better part of a year, and, IMO, it's one of the best word games available on ios.
^^^this.
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
With how great this game is and all I just can't understand the lack of an attempt to add wifi multiplayer. This is one of those games that feels like it's meant to have it. I don't understand? Maybe they haven't made enough money or they've moved on or stopped? That would suck though. I think if quarrel DX had online MP it would be selling a ton more..
I know...when I bought it, I figured it would have multiplayer. The only reason I can see it not having MP is that, in the case of a tie word score, the faster player wins, and it sometimes comes down too less than a second. It would otherwise be a perfect MP game, given the territory-conquering elements.

I found the game by some how dl'ing the free "Quarrel" version. It was fun enough to get me to buy the Deluxe version.

So, make sure you get Deluxe and not plain ol' Quarrel which is, in essence, a trial.

It also might not be well known because the publisher/developer is IndiaGames. Never heard of them otherwise. Though their games have been free, one at a time, all week. I've got 3 Cricket games now! If only I knew what a sticky wicket was
11-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Hmm yea, heard of the game before and good things about it. Will be downloading it later tonight. Making sure it will be the deluxe version also.
Appreciate the post on it.
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
My kids and I love this game. If you love word games, you won't go wrong downloading this gem.