Magic cube's new game
'Steel Runner' is now live on itunes!
Have fun! Thank you!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

WOOHOO!!! By the devs of Infect Them All, Finger Shot RPG, Army Wars Defense, Aero Masters, and more??? INSTANT BUY!!

**edit**

is this gonna get an HD version?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Interested...but going to wait for Sanuku to show what its really like. Was the trailer really crappy quality for anyone else or is it just my jailbroken youtube app not playing HD version like it should be.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
Interested...but going to wait for Sanuku to show what its really like. Was the trailer really crappy quality for anyone else or is it just my jailbroken youtube app not playing HD version like it should be.
nope... the quality in the vid is pretty bad... but it's not like that in game...
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hoe-lee! A very good looking "actiony" runner!

MUZZBUY!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Any impressions yet? Looks nice, but good golly, I've got so many runners now that it's getting to the point where something's really got to set it apart.

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed the iOS 4.3 requirement.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Gave it a go as I decided I couldn't wait.
Its good fun, one button to jump and the other to aim and shoot. The aim is kind of a semicircle from your position so you can hit the whole other sied of the screen by moving your thumb up and down.
As you kill enemies they drop health, double damage and sometimes different weapons with limited ammo, and the ammo limit is upgradeable from the in game shop along with buying the other available weapons (only 2 unlocked from the start) and armour and multi-jump upgrades. Grinding is slow like all games, but there are missions to help get more gold and IAPs of course.
The game is fun, but doesn't really stand out to me from all the other run and shoot games apart from the fact you can aim, which makes the game harder imo.
It has super and hyper battle modes that pop up on the screen but I cannot tell the difference that these modes do at the moment, mayb I'll figure it out and its cool, but If I cant see it yet I doubt it.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I. AM. ENJOYING. THIS!

The unique thing that sets Steel Runner apart from other runners is the fact that you can actually aim your shots in different angles in front of you. Saying this, this gives much more emphasis on the action and the shooting rather than the timed jump and timed attacks like most other runner titles.

On the downside, the shooting can be too intense that the platforming is too much of a hassle. Also, getting a balance between accurately shooting enemy fire and the enemies, platforming to avoid falling off the levels, and jumping in time to get powerups becomes so necessary and it can end up being too messy.

Overall though, i still love how the Devs came up with this gameplay variant.

Gameplay is pretty much solid for me, so most suggestions i can come up with are more on the visual flair. Some improvement i was thinking of was improving the move set of the main character. I was thinking maybe give him a different pose on the second jump, or letting him slide off the ground when he lands from a double jump, or giving him different jump poses when he isnt shooting while jumping.

Enemies also look to bland with an almost the same color scheme. Maybe varying them up a bit will give the game a better feel of variety and not feel like shooting the same stuff over and over.

Maybe some upgrades that change only the looks of the character so they can customize? I prefer if these dont affect the game, or if they only do so minimally, so players will really customize it the way they want the main character to look like.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 AM

*Thank you so much* for all your comments and reviews!

And we have a plan to make a HD version
barring technical problems, It will be updated in future.
Thank you!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Grabbing this later.