Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

If Appletini's impressions are anything to go by, looks like yet another promising release that's disappointing. Looking like fewer and fewer games on my "insta-get" list tonight.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM

Unfortunately Appletini is absolutely correct.Game crashes often,gameplay is a bit shallow.3/5 is my rating.Not as great as expected but solid.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Well, looks like my second decent buy of the night. It's actually pretty good and the controls are spot on, although the default movement controls need some tweaking so that it will center on wherever you touch before you start to move.

It reminds me strongly of River City Ransom more than Double Dragon. I remember Double Dragon having some minor platforming elements, this one doesnt have it.

There doesnt seem to be a lot of content, but Ravenous did a good job for this little package.

2 modes, endless and story n which story mode is moving from left to right while introducing your fists to as much face as possible, and defeating bosses every 4 or so levels. Havent played Endless yet, but the game wins at being an enjoyable mindless brawler with all brawn and no brain necessary.

I'd recommend getting it, especially those looking for games similar to River City Ransom.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM

I appreciate the amount of work that would have gone into making this
game. It's a shame that a little more work was not spent on a few more
attacks.

Just a few suggestions.

How about holding the attack button for a charge attack?
Jump in the air and then hold the attack button for a slow-mo ground pound.
Pick up enemies (and objects) and throw them.

Good luck with your game. I really love the art style!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyWinky View Post
Unfortunately Appletini is absolutely correct.Game crashes often,gameplay is a bit shallow.3/5 is my rating.Not as great as expected but solid.
Never crashed on my 4S, but yes, the gameplay is a little shallow, but still an enjoyable time eater.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Well, looks like my second decent buy of the night. It's actually pretty good and the controls are spot on, although the default movement controls need some tweaking so that it will center on wherever you touch before you start to move.

It reminds me strongly of River City Ransom more than Double Dragon. I remember Double Dragon having some minor platforming elements, this one doesnt have it.

There doesnt seem to be a lot of content, but Ravenous did a good job for this little package.

2 modes, endless and story n which story mode is moving from left to right while introducing your fists to as much face as possible, and defeating bosses every 4 or so levels. Havent played Endless yet, but the game wins at being an enjoyable mindless brawler with all brawn and no brain necessary.

I'd recommend getting it, especially those looking for games similar to River City Ransom.
Thanks for the imps, EP! Looks like I might still be getting this one!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It seems like the joystick is moveable, but are the buttons? The developers games, I like, but I find a little hard to play because of no moveable buttons. I really feel that platform games on the ipad really need moveable buttons, so this may be the dealbreaker if the buttons aren't moveable for me or aren't in a good location.

Are the buttons moveable?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemineye62 View Post
I appreciate the amount of work that would have gone into making this
game. It's a shame that a little more work was not spent on a few more
attacks.

Just a few suggestions.

How about holding the attack button for a charge attack?
Jump in the air and then hold the attack button for a slow-mo ground pound.
Pick up enemies (and objects) and throw them.

Good luck with your game. I really love the art style!
This is exactly how you give constructive criticism! I think appletini was expecting cancer to be cured for $.99
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
It seems like the joystick is moveable, but are the buttons? The developers games, I like, but I find a little hard to play because of no moveable buttons. I really feel that platform games on the ipad really need moveable buttons, so this may be the dealbreaker if the buttons aren't moveable for me or aren't in a good location.

Are the buttons moveable?
No. And way too large for comfort on the iPad. I would say literally zero thought has been afforded to how the game might play on the bigger screen, beyond adjusting the resolution and slapping "Universal" on the package. If you are thinking of picking this up to play on the iPad primarily: don't.

EDIT: Note below.

Last edited by Gabrien; 11-14-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
No. And way too large for comfort on the iPad. I would say literally zero thought has been afforded to how the game might play on the bigger screen, beyond adjusting the resolution and slapping "Universal" on the package. If you are thinking of picking this up to play on the iPad primarily: don't.
Yeah, Ravenous really needs to put more thought into ipad controls and make them moveable. I liked League of Evil and all, but could not stand playing on my new ipad cause the buttons were too far apart. All of the other good platformers like wimp and mikey shorts are going with full moveable controls, and I know with my experience with Ravenous, I probably would have to pass on their games on my new ipad. Too bad.