Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, sounds like most of you all are giving up on this game. Too bad, it seemed to have potential.
After getting stuff like ARC Squadron... I would feel like a moron to throw money at Verticus.

The character is too big and gets in the way of the action. I just can't see this being "fun"... especially with how heavy handed the IAP is for actually unlocking stuff.

The only thing this game had going for it was Stan Lee... and really even he is kind of stiff sounding in the voice over bits.

All around a disappointment. Sure for the endless runner & extreme Stan Lee fans it's probably going to be a blind purchase.. but for me, I have been having a blast with Extreme Road Trip 2... and I can unlock pretty much everything in the game by grinding it out and finishing all the missions for each car I've unlocked (which is 1/2 of them now) without spending a cent.

If Verticus was free, I'd lock in the license for it sure.. but it would be like one of the other falling games that are similar and I'd already have deleted it for space.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Yeah, I can honestly say it's shocking for me not to give a damn about this, but as the day progressed, the TA Plays video, Sanuku's video and EP's comments have pretty much solidified that I don't want nor need this at all. Shame really. :/

Also yeah, Stan Lee's voice overs do sound stiff.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I really hate saying this, but im seeing this to be free sometime later. Seriously, i've clocked over 3 hours and the generous runs (interms of coins and orbs) have been rare, and i already have the doublers.

Sure IAP isnt really needed, but this is one game that's a bit on the difficult side, and the grind is very difficult.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

In the description, it says free IAPs worth $1.99. What's that?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
In the description, it says free IAPs worth $1.99. What's that?
That's possibly the 2,000 coins & 50 orbs you get at the beginning. Check Sanuku's video, when they give him free orbs when he first crashes and free coins when he finishes the first game.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
If someone can let me know the controls that'll be great. Just dont want it to be it only
It's joystick. Very comfortable one
Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Here, a review of the game by Slide to Play:

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/verticus-review

Final score: 2/4 (i.e.: caution.) This one should be a completely freemium title...

I bought Need for Speed Most Wanted the other day and it's approx. 6 and you have in-game currency which you have to grind to obtain and buy the most expensive cars, or buy coins through IAP. In that one the price of the game is acceptable because you can choose to grind, which gives you an acceptable amount of coins every time you race, or buy through IAP.

In Verticus I feel you need to buy IAP to get somewhere, in the same way as the freemium sniper game (I can't remember its name now) and many others. That's why I feel this one should be fully freemium, paymium...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Here, a review of the game by Slide to Play:

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/verticus-review

Final score: 2/4 (i.e.: caution.) This one should be a completely freemium title...

I bought Need for Speed Most Wanted the other day and it's approx. 6 and you have in-game currency which you have to grind to obtain and buy the most expensive cars, or buy coins through IAP. In that one the price of the game is acceptable because you can choose to grind, which gives you an acceptable amount of coins every time you race, or buy through IAP.

In Verticus I feel you need to buy IAP to get somewhere, in the same way as the freemium sniper game (I can't remember its name now) and many others. That's why I feel this one should be fully freemium, paymium...
Wow, I thought the grinding/IAP in Need for Speed was unacceptable for a game already costing $6. I can't imagine then what I'd think of it in this game.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
Wow, I thought the grinding/IAP in Need for Speed was unacceptable for a game already costing $6. I can't imagine then what I'd think of it in this game.
Whoever says NFS MW needed a lot of grinding needs a knock on their heads. Seriously. In that game, you can't just buy your way to success since you anyway have to earn the skill points. In any case, I beat the game within 5 hours. Only replayed a few races to get the next best car.

After beating the game, I replayed a lot to get golds. But that isn't grinding...that's just refining skills.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 AM

Off topic, but I say it. Reaching a point where you have to grind to unlock a car before moving on is no fun. However, with those one time use power ups you can help ensure you'll win and have to redo races a lot less...