Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Thanks Sanuku for the video, I'm gonna pass on this game because the guy falling is totally in the way of seeing the obstacles
Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Well to me it is more a racer than a runner as i've seen in videos that you actually race against the clock, and not like you are dying or falling into pitfalls.

Verticus distinguishes itself apart from other runners by being an ARC Squadron-ish runner due to its great controls on the iphone.

It is sh**ty on the ipad though, as on the main menu screen, the title text and the settings buttons are OFF THE SCREEN. I was right about the ipad version being just a scaled up version of the iphone version. The 4-inch radius of the dynamic stick gave it away.
Ok Yes you are right in that sense. Still not racer per second, but not an endless runner either.

Anyway, I have decided to wait for this game to free before getting it. I feel they just used Stan Lees name and paid him some money.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Ok Yes you are right in that sense. Still not racer per second, but not an endless runner either.

Anyway, I have decided to wait for this game to free before getting it. I feel they just used Stan Lees name and paid him some money.
Yeah. I guess that's the wise thing to do right now. It's good, but it is marred by a bad IAP model. If they improve the coin and orb gain, then it'll be an instant recommendation from me, but not as it is right now.

If any PR or dev gets to read this thread, I suggest having a set of upgrade skills that improve the value of the coins similar to how Agent Dash does it where it looks something like this:

[Upgrade Level] - [effect]
Lv1 - Blue coins will start appearing randomly (replacing other current coins in the sequence) from the caves area onwards. Blue coins are worth 2 coins each.

Lv2 - Blue coins start appearing from the city area onwards.

Lv3 - Red coins will start appearing from the core area onwards. Red coins are worth 3 coins.

Lv4 - Blue coins now start appearing from the atmosphere area (first area). Blue coins will have a higher chance of showing after you have destroyed the first Cosmic Fuse.

Lv5 - Red coins will have an increased chance of appearing after destroying the first cosmic fuse. Red coins will start appearing from the caves onwards.

Also... another suggestion is to give out free orbs and coins everytime you destroy a cosmic fuse. Make it more rewarding coz right now, destroying a cosmic fuse makes me go "meh"
Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Gift of free iapp? :backs away slowly: Think I might get that musical flea game released yesterday by Majesco instead as my .99 weekly pickup.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

When it goes completely freemium I'll grab it. If they change their coin/grind policy and make it more even and according to the rest of the freemium titles available, I might buy the x2 one-time IAP's, as I did in Pitfall. From Sanuku's video, I'm sure I will like the game a lot, but the IAP strategy chosen is too heavy for me.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Gift of free iapp? :backs away slowly: Think I might get that musical flea game released yesterday by Majesco instead as my .99 weekly pickup.
Micro Miners and Arranger are good choices for $1 picks from this week's releases.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 PM

Hey guys, Drew from Moonshark here. Thanks for all of the comments so far, not even 24 hours after the release of Verticus. We really appreciate the feedback, whether positive or negative. Please, continue to chime in with any other impressions, criticisms, or suggestions— these go a long way in helping us better both our current games and our future projects.

One brief side note: Moonshark is looking for beta testers, so if you're interested, shoot us an email at info@moonshark.com.

Thanks, and keep playing!
Drew
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshark_Drew View Post
Hey guys, Drew from Moonshark here. Thanks for all of the comments so far, not even 24 hours after the release of Verticus. We really appreciate the feedback, whether positive or negative. Please, continue to chime in with any other impressions, criticisms, or suggestions— these go a long way in helping us better both our current games and our future projects.

One brief side note: Moonshark is looking for beta testers, so if you're interested, shoot us an email at info@moonshark.com.

Thanks, and keep playing!
Drew
Sent an application.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Micro Miners and Arranger are good choices for $1 picks from this week's releases.
Have you not tried Dream of Pixels!?!?! If you haven't, get it now! That's a great choice from the $1 games this week IMO.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Have you not tried Dream of Pixels!?!?! If you haven't, get it now! That's a great choice from the $1 games this week IMO.
I forgot that's $1 too LOL. Yeah Dream of Pixels may have to be my GotW, but SGDeadzone is kicking right now.

As for Verticus, i still love the game, and im going to play it... But i still hope the grind was easier than what it is right now.